Hi Mom,
So this week we were able to do quite a bit of finding time. It was a good experience to do that. Two weeks ago we went to Phong's and and he said he would come to church. He showed up this week and it was like he was a member that hadn't been to church in a while. So many people greeted him and he even took part in the Gospel Principles lesson. He is not really interested in meeting again but hopefully he will come to understand the blessing. We also had another investigator to church. We usually average about 1-2 investigators to church every week. During finding time we were able to find two men that were pretty sweet. With one he answered the door and he said "Mormon's right? ... Come in." That was pretty sweet. Unfortunately he is pretty busy with school, work and family (he has 3 little boys) and he wasn't able to set up a return appointment. He didn't give us his number either but he did give me his email. I really hope that we can meet with him again. We got a Referral from a member. She brought her friend to church and that was when we had the baptism. She was touched and interested. She said that she had some questions and that she wants to come to church again. She wasn't able to come to church this week because she had diarrhea (German's are very blunt people and will tell you everything). She told me it was pretty bad at the moment and she didn't want to leave home. Hope you like that little story :) We have an appointment set up for Friday so hopefully it will all work out really well. We have a couple more investigators that we are working with and hopping to help them make progress in the gospel.
I am striving to make myself better and work to my best ability. This last Thursday (Feb 4) I was thinking about everything I've done in the past year and that I only have one year left. I feel rushed almost and feel like I don't have too much time left. I don't want it to end to be honest with you. I spend my mornings studying and then spend the whole day trying to find people who need the blessing of the gospel. I am praying for my investigators right now but I am mostly praying that I can better prepare myself to help these investigators. I feel I have so much more to learn and that I can grow a lot more. Right now I am studying in the Doctrine and Covenants, Jesus the Christ, and read for a little bit in Das Buch Mormon for Language study. I would like you to pray for me this week that I can better teach my investigators being able to share with them the gift of the spirit. We will be meeting tonight with a less active member that was baptized last year in April. I want to be able to help him feel the spirit and remind him of the feelings he had that changed his life.
I wish you the best this week and hope all goes well. I love you very much Mom. I am thankful that you taught me to follow gospel principles and that you shared your testimony with me.
"No Regrets"
Love,
Elder Merrill


