Dear Mom, Dad, and Family,
So it's only been 3 days since I wrote you last so there isn't too much to say. Yesterday we didn't have anyone to church. It wasn't a very good week for us numbers wise. We have a couple people that we are working hard with and it will be tough to get them baptized by the end of the year. There is a 9-year old little girl that loves coming to church and wants to keep coming so we are going to try and talk with her mom to see if we can teach her and have a family take them in so she can get baptized. We went to Essen last week and it was Freezing! I didn't warm up the rest of the night. I sent off your package (Mom) and then another small package with the kids and Dad's presents in them. I hope you like them all. Thanks for the money you threw in the bank account. It helped pay for some of the costs, stupid exchange rates. Mom your package should be there pretty soon because I had to send it Luftpost. Be careful opening it and make sure you open it right side up. I also forgot to put to little pamphlet type papers in the box before I sealed it so I put them between the Box and the reinforcement. The Pink package chocolate is my favorite. I hope you have a wonderful Christmas this year because it might be the last Christmas that you get something from Germany.
When does Kortneigh get married again? I had better be receiving an invitation. Is Korbin playing on the A-Squad? Don't worry about sending another package, I'll consider this one my Christmas Birthday Package. If you really want to get me something wait 'til I get home because I'm probably going to need all new clothes, church clothes included. I ripped out a crotch the other day. I was just going to kneel down too. My suits are pretty shot. One suit on the inside of the coat it's all ripped up because of my backpack. My other suit is super thin and doesn't look too hot. I am fine though until I get home. I don't want to spend any more money before I go home.
We have some stuff planned to work with the members, caroling, less active visits, etc. We are going to have a Ward Christmas party this Saturday and we have to sing at it. We will be singing Rudolf the Red Nose Reindeer, upon request. I'm looking forward to this Christmas. I'll talk with President to see if I can call on 27th. Thank you for making up a resumé for me. I would like to see a copy of it just for fun if it wouldn't be of too much trouble. Thanks for all you do. It really is a blessing to have you all there as support. I love you so much and am thankful for this time I've had so for to serve the Lord and to understand more what it means to Love my family, the Gospels, and those around me. Thanks for being great parents too. We were talking about it last night about how our parents raised us. You've raised us well. Thank you so much. "No Regrets"
Love,
Elder Merrill


