Tuesday, November 10, 2009






















Dear Family,

Hey what a week. We were able to find 3 new investigators in 2 days which is pretty stinking good. Unfortunately, we weren't able to find any others for the week but we are trying hard. So Aunt Jill wrote me and she asked if I ever get to go out to the country. Yes I do. We have pretty big areas and we get to travel. The trains go through country but it's not anything like the states. It's hard to explain. Where I am now there are tons of trees. All the leaves are gone but it was way pretty. I can't wait 'till next fall. Our mission is down sizing so we have about 120 missionaries and it's only getting smaller. President is trying to get only one set of missionaries per ward.

Well sounds like it was a good week for you at home. It was a good week for us too. Our #1 investigator, Br. Phong (pong) is really progressing and it's amazing. I love it. It brings me so much happiness. He is already in Helaman and he's been reading now for 4 weeks. Crazy. We don't even have to really teach because he learns through reading in The Book of Mormon. I'm so excited for this week. Elder Texiera, Part of the Europa Presidentschaft asked all the missionaries in Europe to take each one of there progressing investigators and set a date this week before the end of the year. That means we will be committing Br. Phong to Baptism this week! We are really excited. I've been praying really hard for him and for myself because I'm going to need it. I would ask you all to pray for me as well as Br. Phong this week. Thank you.

We have some other investigators that we are working with but unfortunately they aren't progressing all that much. This past week we visited an inactive member that lives in an old person home. We meet with him every week so it's a regular thing. His roommate is wheelchair bound and looks like death. It's crazy because it doesn't matter how old people get they still drink their beer. He has to drink it out of a sippy-cup. I had a laugh over it. I forgot to tell you last week but I was able to give my first blessing in German. I gave it to this inactive. He asked me for one and it was a really cool experience. Talking about being led by the Spirit. German is not an easy language. The grammar is really hard but it's coming along very very well.

Well because there is no Thanksgiving here people are already putting up Christmas decorations. It's sweet. We decided that we would join so we put up some Christmas lights in our apartment.

I got the letters from the kids except for Kiersten. Sounds like everything is going well at home. I'm glad to hear that. Tell everyone that asks how I'm doing I say hi and tell them about the blog. I'm glad that people ask how I'm doing. Makes me feel good. Hopefully lots of people read the blog and see how I'm doing. OK... I'm out of stuff to write about but something will pop into my head as soon as I leave, that's OK though. Well I don't need anything. Sorry that it's so difficult. Don't worry about sending me anything big. Don't send me Chocolate or candy. I'll send it to you. The only thing I would really want is letters and pictures. Don't worry about it. Make it small--really small. OK, please put some pictures on the blog for some people if you haven't already.

Love you all so much. I'm excited to hear from you all again. Dad don't forget to write me about updates on fishing, sports with the kids, and anything else I would find interesting. Mom you do great every week writing me. I always when reading have a reason to say "no way" out loud and then everyone looks at me weird. It's great. Love you all.

"No Regrets"
Elder Merrill

(I asked Kyle how old his investigators are.)
Investigators: Br. Phong 46, Daniel 32ish, Sarah 19, Frau Salz 50