Dear Mom,
Well it's the first time. I'm staying and Elder Gruber is staying with me. That means that I will probably stick aroung through Christmas too. I'm Excited. This ward is pretty darn sweet. The members are always ready to help. It makes missionary work so much easier. Now all we need is to have the members start giving referalls and inviting friends over and have us over. I know that the area has got some sweet potential because of the ward. It is a small ward but they try.
So for our investigators. We have our Buddhist investigator. He came to Stake Conference this last Sunday. That makes it three sundays in a row that he has come. He is definately making progress but he has a much farther way to come because he doesn't know nearly as much about Christ as the average person. He is flying through the Book of Mormon and starting to get to the "Good Stuff". He is a blessing for me as a missionary. Because we are teaching him he is helping me to study more for him. As I focus on teaching through the Spirit it helps me to feel the Spirit more often as well as follow the Spirit.
We are having another appointment with another investigator tonight. We are planning on teaching the second lesson. I know that this will help him to progress and understand the real reason why we are on the earth. We are really excited for this lesson and hope that we can help him to understand better our Heavenly Father's love for us.
The other Elders in our area are getting transfered together to another city in our district so we will be taking over their area as well. We are excited. It's going to keep us on our toes. I'm really trying to focus on doing all that I possibly can. If we stay busy we are much more liable to see success (baptisms) because there are just that many more investigators going through the pool.
We are working with one less active right now and she is making progress also. She enjoys meeting with us and is willing to keep commitments and coming to church more often. I'm grateful for the opportunity that I have to teach those and remind them of their testimony of Jesus Christ. It truly is a blessing.
How's everyone doing? How is Will doing? I'm sure he is tearing it up. How about Andrew? His mission is winding down here. Is he an Assistant yet? If not, my guess is that he will be soon. He was always a good example for me. I was always the one that had the stupid ideas that got us into trouble. Bike's to landslide-me, sparkler bomb-me, and many others but we'll talk about those later :) How are the kid's doing? I haven't hear from them in a while. The girls said that they were going to write me soon but my mailbox is still empty.
Sorry that I didn't wish Korbin a Happy Birthday in last week's email but I forgot. HAPPY BIRTHDAY!! Kiersten HAPPY BIRTHDAY!!! I just got to say, I don't regret not kissing anyone. From seeing others and hearing, it makes things awkward after it's all over. You've got your free agency but I would discourage it, just because you are still in High School. Whatever though.
Umm so I haven't heard from anyone in a long time. I got a letter from Mathesons two or three weeks ago but other than that ya. Well if you ever see anyone or hear how my friends are doing let me know how they are doing. I got a little plan for Christmas that might help roll in some letters or maybe even some stray packages. :) Please don't send me anything that is just to fill a package. I would rather just get letters. Now that I think of it I really don't want a new sweater. The only thing I can say is some recipe's for some cookies or even some simple things to cook we don't have to much time to cook so that makes it tough.
Well this transfer I'm going to focus on doing all that I can. I read a quote by Henry Ford this past week. It says. "Unless a man undertakes more than he can possibly do, he will never do all that he can." I'm really going to focus on doing my best and following the Spirit.
Thanks for the email mom. It really cheers me up and helps with not getting home sick. Thanks for your love and support. I love you all and wish you all the best this week.
"No Regrets"
Love
Elder Merrill


