Tuesday, October 27, 2009

What a Week!!

Hey Mom, Dad, and family,

First off, Mom I really don't remember your questions from last week so sorry. Thanks a ton for the pictures you sent. It cheers me up to see the kids having fun playing sports and other things that they like to do. I had to laugh when I read the little story about doing cookies in the red pickup with Katie. Oh, bye the way that was in the back yard before it was all smoothed out and stuff. It looked pretty sweet, dirt flying everywhere. I think Katie enjoyed it also. There are probably many more stories that you will find out from the kids while I am gone. I'm just glad I'm on the other side of the world so I can't really be punished :) Well I was really glad to hear the different stories you told me. Dad, soak up the fishing time.

This last week, I'm not going to lie, it was pretty difficult for me. I was kind of a little homesick but nothing big enough to keep me from working hard and being obedient. I just need to remember that no one is the same as me. Elder Gruber has been in this area for 7 months so he's getting a little tired of it. Transfer calls come this week so we will see what goes down. We had interviews with President and we had to teach him baptism and commit him to baptism. We did OK teaching him. We tried our best to invite the Spirit into the lesson. At the end of the lesson President acknowledged us for bearing testimony and that he was able to feel the spirit. That was really nice to hear. I've been working hard on bringing the spirit into every appointment. I've been doing OK but I can always do better.

Last night was one of those nights that makes all the hard and tough times worth it. We had an appointment with an inactive member and one of our newer investigators. We had planned out the lesson we were going to teach and we knew it could be filled with the spirit. As we taught the lesson we asked the inactive member what different things meant to her. As she answered the questions she was able to find herself testifying. It was great to help her find that testimony. As she testified the investigator was able to understand how much it all really meant to her. Several years earlier he had a baptismal date but for some reason he was not able to go through with it. There was an Elder here several years ago and he left a big impression on this family. It was great. As we bore testimony, the spirit came into the room and they all felt it. I asked Daniel, the investigator, if he could feel it. After he agreed I testified to him that that was the Holy Ghost testifying of truth. The Inactive sister came to church this last week and the members accepted her with loving open arms. It's always a blessing to see the light return to people's lives. The Bishop in the ward thanked us for our hard work. I work my hardest everyday and know that through time I will be blessed for the hard work I try to do.

I'm really excited for you Dad as well as the family for Elder Holland to come. I'm a little jealous. He is amazing when he speaks about missionary work. I hope that you will share with me what you learn. I love you all so much.

I got a letter from the Matheson family which was nice. It gets kind of lonely out here but I know that you are always thinking of me and love me. I want you to know that I love you all and wish you the best till next week.

"No Regrets"

Love,
Elder Merrill

p.s.We have to be quick on P-day in order to get things done. We don't get very many opportunity's to play ball or anything but I always watch what I'm doing. (Todd asked him to be careful if he plays sports on p-day so he doesn't get hurt).