Tuesday, March 2, 2010

(I was in Eagle, ID this weekend visiting my sister and there is a young man from her ward that is serving in Kyle's mission)

Dear Mom,

Thanks for attaching the picture of you and sister Dumas. Elder Dumas is a nice kid. I have actually been out contacting with him once. Well that's sweet that Makenzie did well. I'm sure she got a lot of attention.

So this week was the worst week of the mission number wise. I worked my tail end off. I did all I could to do my part. I had good morning studies and stayed focused on my calling. We had our best investigator call up a member and tell him that she didn't want to meet anymore. It was really sad for me because I know she has felt the spirit. This week has already started out to be a better week. Yesterday we taught two lessons, one to an inactive and one to Frau Pickelein. She is a sweet old lady. I hope that she will accept one of these days to get baptized. The highlight of last week was Martin Bader getting the Aaronic Priesthood. It was pretty awesome. The spirit was way strong and he's doing awesome. I was able to stand in on the ordinance.

So transfers are this week so I'm not sure what's gonna go down. I could see me leaving or I could see Elder McGowan leaving. I doubt that we will stay together another. We have 8 Missionaries going home with none coming in. Our mission will be down to 98 I think. It's crazy. I'm doing good health wise. Last week we played soccer as a zone and I found out the next day that I am really out of shape and sore. It was way fun. So we had a pretty big windstorm on Sunday. I'm thinking that that is the storm you heard about. It was big strong but I'm pretty sure that we've had worse at home. We were still outside and it wasn't to bad. I can't believe it's already March. Time is really flying by. It's weird to think that I've been over a year now.

How is everyone at home doing? The kids can write me emails. It's easier, faster and cheaper. I hope that everything is going well with the farm. When is dad gonna turn water on? Any crops changing. What fields are what? Mom I don't really have too many ideas for you for scripture study but I will recommend that you read Jesus The Christ. It is an amazing book and I was able to learn a ton about the life of Christ. There is no doubt in my mind that Talmage received revelation and saw things when he wrote that book. I've been studying the Book of Mormon and it's simply amazing at how I can feel the spirit evertime I read it. I am highlighting references to Christ and it's been pretty awesome. We read last night with Frau Pickelein 2 Nephi 31. That is an awesome chapter. It teaches the third lesson wonderfully. She really enjoyed it. She said that she really appreciates us and loves when we meet with her. She is an old lady and we haven't been able to commit her to baptism. Hopefully through a little more time she will accept it.

Well that's about it for the week. The picture I attached is of me making a phone call in a little neighborhood where a member lives. The other picture is of the zone after playing soccer.

Love you all "No Regrets"

Elder Merrill