Dear Family,
Wow! Emails were way sweet today. Andrew's Email was awesome. I am so grateful for good examples in my life as well as those that love me and support me in my good desires and decisions. I'll be honest, it doesn't feel like I have 3 weeks left. I feel like I could be transferred to another area. I wish that's how it was too. I love this work so much. The past couple of weeks I've been thinking about what I need to do in order to better myself and to help others come closer to the Lord. I found it interesting, Mom, that you wrote about Pride. I read this morning about King Noah and how he didn't follow the commandments of the Lord and sought after the evil desire of his heart. Elder McClellan and I talked about this morning about how all sin is a form of pride. It all is selfish. There is definitely a problem in the world today with sin. I hope that we all protect ourselves with the Armor of God. I know that the Gospel is something that can change our lives forever.
We had a pretty good week this last week with a lot of things falling out but it happens every week. we just have to focus on the positives and work through it and make it the best week. It's sad to see missionaries ending their missionaries and hitting rock bottom. I know that two years is a long time and we can become the person that God has intended us to be. We must let ourselves stay focused on our goal of Eternal life and never wander off the Path. There is a lot of evil things in the world. Sadly almost everything that is evil is addicting. I've seen a lot of people that have let their lives be taken over by things. I have also seen those that have let themselves change and to put off those evil things. I've really had the desire my whole entire mission to let my life be changed. It's been great to forget about myself and serve others. With that unselfish attitude I have been able to change and become someone who I want to be.
These past weeks I've been working with an inactive girl who has been inactive for many many years. She is amazing. It's been awesome to be able to meet with her and to be able to integrate her with the members. Yesterday she came to church which was awesome. All the members were amazed and super excited that she came. As I've been teaching her, the more and more I've come to feel of the Savior's Love for everyone. I was reading in Preach My Gospel the other day and came across an awesome sentence. It says, " Je besser wir das Sühnopfer verstehen, desto mehr wünsch haben wir um das Evangelium mit anderen mitzuteilen". I thought that was a great quote and it helps me to want to understand the Atonement of Christ better so that I can better help the people around me.
I am looking forward to the coming week. We have a lot of sweet things planned so I hope it all works out well. Thanks for your love and support. I love you all and wish you the best.
"No Regrets"
Love
Elder Merrill


