Dear Mom, Dad, and Family,
Crazy how many things are changing at home. I am really grateful that I haven't worried about things at home at all. I can see how if I were to focus on things at home how unproductive I would have been.
This last week was great. Starting off the week I was able to have an interview with President. Wow he is an amazing man. I got really choked up at the beginning of the interview because it hit me that it is coming to an end. I couldn't even get through saying the opening prayer without bawling. After I got done saying the opening prayer he said, "Gratitude is a great thing, isn't it?". All I could say was yes. He then said, "You don't want to be here do you?" I shook my head no because I didn't want to be. I wanted to serve another year. I feel like I still have a year left. We talked about how what I was able to learn on my mission and talked about the future a little bit. It was a great experience because as we were talking about all these things, we never left the subject of the Gospel. That's how we need to always live our lives. We need to always be living without leaving the subject of the Gospel. We talked a lot about finances and it was really great. We talked about taking responsibility for learning and not wait to be taught. I asked him about his life and that was amazing. He has lived a righteous life. He told me that he decided when he left his mission that he wanted to develop a life that would enable him to serve the Lord as soon as he could. I was able to learn a lot and I want to apply a lot of things to my life. At the end of our interview he gave me a blessing. He blessed me with wonderful blessings that I would be able to accomplish the goals I have ahead of me and that I could prepare myself to serve the Lord again. I can't wait to be able to serve again with my future family. The blessings are endless. I was reading in the Liahona yesterday and President Monson has asked us all to prepare ourselves to serve missions. He said that there is a huge need for senior couples. I hope that you will be able to serve soon. At the end of the interview I told him that I loved him and that he and his family mean a lot to me. There is no greater blessing than serving a mission at this point in my life.
This week went well, though. We invited our investigator, Evalene, to be baptized on the 12 but she said that she wasn't quite ready to set a date. We are going to talk with her this week again about it. She is so close. I really love the spirit that is always there when we teach her. She is a great lady that has been letting the Gospel bless her life.
We were able to help a member in the ward with a new house and it was great. It was hard work tearing off wall paper but it was good to be able to do some physical work again. I love serving others. It's a great opportunity to appreciate what you have and what you have to look forward to.
Well I hope Dad is doing well. That's crazy how they changed the boundaries. Did they change anything out in BC. I thought they would change something there because 2nd ward seems like it's going to die. The kids must be busy. Today we are going to the BVB stadium. Pretty excited about it. They are beating everyone way bad and probably will be the champs this year. Everyone here in Dortmund is pumped about it.
Well thanks for all you do. Love you all tons. Look forward to hearing from you next week. By the way thanks for not talking about "when you get home". It's really nice because I don't have to think about it at all.
"No Regrets"
Love
Elder Merrill


