Tuesday, April 21, 2009

April 21, 2009

Dear Family,

To answer your questions, Elder Henderson goes home in like July or August. something like that. We go shopping for food on p-day's, e-mail, play a board game usually, and teach. Every week we teach a less active on p-day for 30-45 min. Ya, we are right next to an old castle. It's pretty big. When I get that picture card from you I will send this one back so you can see pictures and put them up on the site. We get around by baun (train) and then we walk. We don't have bikes but the bauns go pretty much everywhere. The weather has been really nice. This past week it rained for two days, pretty hard on one of them. It's been like 75-80 though most of the time. The language is going good. I'm understanding more and more each day I feel. It's still really hard to understand because they speak in a different dialect so its not clear at all. I can understand quite a bit but it's still not 100%. Yes there are times where we meet people who speak better English than German. Most of the time it is Africans or people from England.

I have eaten twice at members homes. The first I had to eat so much. It was kind of sick how much they fixed us. I eat a lot of pasta with sauce, just cuz it's easy to make and we don't have too much time to fix something up good. The other day though, I made some crepes.

Oh ya, its elder McQueen. (This is a missionary serving from Kyle's Aunt Debbie's ward). I've met him. He seems like he is pretty cool. That's sweet about all the mission calls. Brennan will love his mission. Just tell him that learning a language makes things 10 times harder.

That's good that the funeral went good. Cameron was a good kid. I read over what he told me and its good stuff. Thanks for all your prayers and letters. As of now you are the only ones that I get letters or e-mails from. I look forward to p-day because I get to hear from you.

I know that the gospel is true and that it blesses lives. I have seen the work go forth and people accept our message. We are teaching about 4-5 investigators right now but no baptismal dates set yet. I really hope by the end of this week we will have at least one set. I love you all and am so grateful for all that you do. I can't believe how much I have already learned. I love this gospel and I love my friends that I have. Keep sharing the word with others. Eventually they will accept it. I love you all. Stay true and work hard in what ever you do.

"No Regrets"

Liebe dich,
Elder Merrill