Kyle's cousin, Cameron Merrill, passed away on April 9. If you read the first post of this blog, you will see that Cam gave Kyle some great advice the night before Kyle entered the MTC. Cam served in the Poland Warsaw mission and was one of the best as his Mission President said at his funeral. We love him and his family and he will be greatly missed!
Hello Family.
How are things for you? Germany is pretty crazy. We got here and then went and did a street preach. No one wanted to listen. Kind of disappointing. Well I got my first companion. His name is Elder Henderson. He is from Michigan most recently. Germany is definitely a very different place. The prophets have said that this world is the most evil world that God created and Europe explains that. The very first day I was here I saw a naked man in a park sun tanning. And then just the other day some young lady answered her door and was pretty much wearing nothing. All I did was look at the top of her head. This place is not somewhere I would want to live. Oh by the way, I'm serving in Karlsruhe. It is the southern most part of the mission. Anyway, ya so pretty crazy.
We supposedly have an investigator that wants to get baptized and Elder H. is gonna have me do it. He should get baptized next Sunday. But yep, so maybe that will come through. I haven't met him yet but tomorrow we have an appointment with him. There are a ton a Muslims here. So many different people. OK, so I went into the nastiest house on Sunday. Some lady has two cats and they shed like crazy. The place smelt like urine and it was hard to breathe after a while. Very, very disgusting. Very different experience here out in the field. Different than I thought or had imagined.
Kiersten, you are crazy going wading for balls. So you went up to BYU's Campus huh. Did you see any of my friends? That's cool. Korbin nice work with track. That's pretty sweet how well you are doing. Kory good luck with your test but just remember I never was in spectrum and look how well I turned out. :) Dad sounds like things are getting really busy. Good luck.
Please send me some pictures. You can send them through email but ya I would love to get pictures. Mom, sounds like you are doing really well and staying busy. Yep so my p-day is on Tuesday. If you get this e-mail before the funeral, tell everyone I say hi and that I am where I need to be.
So I'm not really too sure of what to write about but I'm doing well and praying all the time for patience and what not. Please pray for me that I will be able to handle the trials put upon me. Please pray for me. I need all the prayers I can get. I pray for you everyday and sometimes at night I'll think, oh ya, I have a family at home. Pretty crazy. You forget about so many things while you are out here in the field. Its way crazy out here. I hope all is well.
Well I want to let you all know that I am working hard and that I am being 100% obedient and I know that the Lord will bless me because of that. President Ninow is so awesome. He reminds me so much of Dad. Great family. Well thanks for your love and support.
"No Regrets"
Ich liebe dich,
Elder Merrill


