Friday, April 3, 2009

Final P-day in MTC

Well its my last pday here in the MTC. Pretty crazy. We are all getting excited to go to Germany. This week has been a great week. Sounds like you have all had a good week too. So did you go down to Portland this week for spring break or what. So how are things going at home. Dad says that it got cold again and snowed yesterday. Pretty crazy. Same type of weather down here. One day it was like 55 degrees and then the next morning there was 3 inches on the ground. I am ready to be done with the snow for a while.

Ok, so this week has been great. We have a teacher in our zone that just got back from the Frankfurt mission 3 months ago so she came in and told us about President Ninow and the Mission. The thing I am most excited about is to meet President. I already know that he is called of God and that he is worthy to receive revelation for the whole mission. I can't believe it has already been two months. Time flies. The gospel is true. My purpose for coming to the MTC was not only to learn the language but also for myself to gain a stronger faith in our Heavenly Father and Savior Jesus Christ.

This last week I had an interview with my teacher and she asked me to share my testimony with her. I testified of faith and the importance of it. By the end of my testimony we were both teared up. She told me that if she could she would give me a big hug. She has been a great teacher. Her name is Jill Carpenter and is from Colorado. She told me that I will be a great missonary if I keep living worthy and being obedient and working hard. That is what I plan on doing. I can't wait. She also told me that when I get back from the mission she wanted me to really to consider teaching at the MTC. Our interview was very encouraging for myself and made me excited to be able to speak more fluently and share the Spirit of God that I have in my life. We all need to live worthy of having the spirit with us at all times.

We went to the temple today and the thing that was impressed in my mind is that we make very sacred covenants and that if we keep those covenants that we will be blessed. I can't explain how important it is to live a righteous life and to be worthy of having the Holy Ghost in our life. I have had an awesome experience so far and plan on learning more and more as I fullfill my mission. I know that the Lord loves us personally and that he really can comfort us. I have felt it in my life. My faith has never been stronger than it is right now. I love the Lord and this gospel. I cannot wait for general conference this weekend because the prophet is going to have very important things to say. I am so thankful that I have had good righteous friends in my life to help me choose to do right. I have been blessed to have been able to go to BYU and to meet the amazing people I did. They have written me every week and give me inspiring quotes and scriptures. I love those kids.

I am grateful for the companion I have had here in the MTC. He has been great. I don't think I would have ever hung out with him in the Gentile world but he has been great to work with. We have a brotherly love for each other and we get along well. My MTC experience would have been much harder if I would have had a slacker companion. There are a couple districts in our zone that are those slacker missionaries and it really frustrates me because they are wasting the Lord's time as well as other missionaries by not living up to the missionary standards. I am so blessed to have been in a district that works hard and cares for one another. Thankyou for all your love and support and for teaching me right. I love you all and want to hear from you more.

"No Regrets"

Love, Elder Merrill

Dad, hope all is well with the farm and things haven't gotten too hectic. I love you dad. Thank you for being a great father to me and my siblings. You are a great dad and a great father for the ward. I know that a lot of people look up to you and love you and would do anything you asked them to do. I love you dad and wish you the best. I sent my picture card home and so if you could get those pictures saved for me on a computer or something where I can always get back to them after the mission and then send it back to me. The faster that happens the faster you will get pictures of me leaving the MTC as well as the first things in Germany and the Mission President. I'm sure that will be a good encintive :) Love you all! Thanks so much. Love Kyle