Saturday, March 28, 2009

March 26, 2009

Hello Family and Friends,

This week I can't even remember what happened it went by so fast. We had a good week though. We are done with the German curriculum and now we are just reviewing what we feel like we need help with. I could talk to someone about the gospel for an hour easily but it would still be really broken and hard to understand. I know that once I get to Germany that things are going to change and that I'm not going to be able to understand hardly anything that the people say but being immersed in the language will help me learn it so much faster. Speaking of which--I leave next Monday. Pretty cool, huh. Wow I can't believe how time flies.

So next week is General Conference. I can't wait. We were able to see the Draper Temple Dedication. That was so awesome. The spirit was so strong. I wanted it to keep going and going. I could have sat there for hours listening to the Prophet. He really is inspired of the Lord. I am grateful that we have a prophet today to lead us. I am so stoked to hear him speak.

Mom thank you so much for the AWESOME package. The Muddie buddies are great. Thank you for the camera card. I will send mine home right before I leave for Germany along with all of the letters I have received here in the MTC if you could store them for me. So mom you are great. I couldn't ask for a better mother. I love getting your letters more than anyone else. Thank you for teaching me how to be a good missionary. You are really a mother that no one can compare too. Thank you.

I learned this week that those who aren't willing to keep commitments from the missionaries are not willing to keep commitments from the lord. It is really sad to hear of people falling away.

I was thinking about your question you asked me a couple weeks ago about who you could invite to church. Tell people that the difference between their church and ours is that we have a Prophet of God on the earth today and we also have the priesthood. Be bold. What's the worst that could happen? They could say no.

Well it sounds like you are staying really busy with Master Gardner's. So do you have to work on their garden like a certain number of hours or what. Keep bringing up the gospel while you are there. You are doing good. There will be 9 missionaries going to Frankfurt with me. We should all be getting our flight plans today. Exciting. Thank you for all your encouraging words. Feel free to share my letters with others and tell them my experiences. I am doing really good. I haven't been discouraged for quite some time now. My faith in Jesus Christ grows everyday. I know that through Him anything is possible, like learning a good base of German in two months!

Sounds like Kiersten tore it up. That's cool. How are Kelsey and Kiersten doing in golf? How is Katie doing in soccer? Is Korbin still the ladies man? Dad, how is the farm going now. The water is probably all on by now. It's fun to hear how things are. How is that new tractor? Keep me informed on the farm cause I love hearing about it. Well my time is about up so.love you all and keep writing.

"No Regrets"

Love,
Elder Merrill