Hello Family,
Wow, its amazing how time flies. Can you believe it has already been a month. This week has been pretty awesome. We talked with someone in the TRC for 15 minutes in German again. It's amazing to think that only a month ago I had no german vocabulary at all. It is crazy. This week we are going to start teaching the lessons in German. It is going to be hard but I know we can do it.
Doesn't sound like the family has been too healthy. I, myself, have been really sick this last week too with a sore throat, plugged nose, cough and a runny nose. There are 4 elders per room so I hope that they don't get sick because of me. I haven't been able to sleep very well at all. It's so hard getting up at 6:25 when you haven't slept much that night. Last night I took some medicine and so I was able to sleep a little better but I still was up in the night. All is well though.
I am taking pictures in the MTC and of some missionaries that I get along with well. Elder Davis and myself are doing really well with teaching. The other day we taught an RM and he said that we taught him the best lesson he has ever heard from missionaries in the MTC. That was cool to hear. We are really pounding out the German. I can understand pretty well but I have a real hard time with speaking. The lord has blessed me though.
I Called Shiela back (the woman from Arizona) and I taught her about the Atonement. She had no idea of what it was but was way interested and asked lots of questions. I found out that her husband is a member but I am almost positive that he is not active. They went to church on their own two weeks ago and I asked her if she would go this week. She said she would. I taught her about prayer and how to pray and also challenged her to pray with her family as well as personally. Its so awesome to watch the progress of those investigating the church. She is going to ask the bishop about the missionaries because they haven't contacted her. Oh man, it is great. The word is definately being spread throughout the world.
Tell the kids I love them and to share the gospel. This week for a devotional Elder Kikuchi of the Seventy spoke and he did a fabulous job. He talked about teaching the lessons and slowing down. I want to challenge all who read this letter to Invite someone every week to church. What's the worst that can happen, they say no? Alright.
Thankyou for everything and I love you all. Everyone keep writing and try my challenge.
"No Regrets".
Love,Elder Merrill


