Friday, March 20, 2009

Hello Family,

Thank you so much for your letters Mom and Dad. This week has been a much better p-day as far as writing letters. I only had to write 4 letters and then this one compared to last weeks 15 letters. I guess I shouldn't complain though. I love getting letters and hearing how everyone is doing. Mom, thank you for sending me stamps and my line of authority.

It’s been great here in the MTC. It's kind of funny when Italk to other elders i usually ask them "how long you been in?" Kinda sounds like a prison. Well I've been doing really good. I finally am not sick anymore. That would be great if you sent that camera card to me so I can send you mine before I leave for Germany. Only 2 1/2 more weeks and I can’t wait. I have learned so much of the language and I can't wait to actually get to Germany and get closer to becoming bilingual.

That is so cool that the ward has an invitation Sunday. It never hurts to ask. So Sounds like you are all staying really busy. No, I don’t need any more cash for anything. I will be ok once I get the money for the bike. It's great to know that the family is doing good. I would love to hear from the kids again before I leave for Germany. Next week by this time we should have our flight plans and so I will let you know how things are going to be.

This week has been a good week. L. Tom Perry came and spoke this week for the devotional. He talked about companionships and how we should never be alone spiritually and physically. He talked about being able to turn to our companions in time of need and the whole time i was thinking about how we can have the companionship of the Holy Ghost with us. I have come to realize how much of a blessing the Holy Ghost really is. I love it so much. I have really been able to use it as guidance and comfort. It's amazing how much the Lord blesses me. I know that this gospel is true.

We got some new missionaries yesterday. There are twin brothers that came in the same time, both going to Germany. One to Frankfurt and one to Berlin. Pretty crazy. I am so excited to get to Germany you don’t even know. Wow, Dad sounds like you are staying really busy. So are you gonna go to big baling now or are you gonna stick it out for a couple more years. Sorry for not writing that much. It's really hard to, especially because we pretty much have the exact same schedule everyday.

Well, thank you for all you have done for me. Mom you aren't just a good mom you are a great mom. I have never caught my tongue in the mixer and if i did you would be the first to help me get it out. I love you Mom. You are wonderful. I am really blessed to have a mother that loves and cares for me as much as you do. Dad you are great. You care so much for this gospel and you take very good care of your family and your ward family also. You have taught me how to work hard and to trust in the Lord. You have taught me so good and I hope that I can become as good of a father and husband as you are. I love you so much. You have raised a good son, if i do say so myself :) No, but really, thank you for all you have done for me and given me. I love you all.

"No Regrets"

Love,
Elder Merrill