Tuesday, May 19, 2009


Hello Family,


Thanks for the letters. Ya I'm getting transfered. I leave tomorrow morning to Langen. It is close to Frankfurt so I think that I may be able to go to the temple.


Yesterday we had a lesson with an investigator. A young family in the ward invited us and our investigator over for FHE. It was pretty sweet! We had a good lesson taught to us by Brother Ruckauer and we answered some sweet questions from our investigator. We ended with singing a song, I chose "I Am A Child of God". It was sweet. He sang with us! The spirit was strong and I am excited to hear about him in the future. I think it was good for him to see some "Normal" people from our church.


Ya, so thanks for your letter so much. My new companion is Elder Sessions. I dont know much about him yet but next week I will fill you in. I am so excited though. We are going to be in a branch and we will travel with bikes and by foot. I guess they are small little communities. I am so excited.


Wow, so it sounds like things are going to be pretty crazy here soon. It takes about 7-8 days for any letters from the U.S. to get here. I'm suprised that mine get there so fast. That's cool though. It's hard to see the youth make bad decisions. I really don't understand why they do it. I have seen the affects of every bad choice you could make, here in germany and everytime the results do not look like they are from God. I really feel bad for those people who do not understand or choose not to follow.


Yesterday we drew the plan of salvation on the sidewalk and then taught lessons to people passing by. It's amazing how many people care less about what will happen to them or the reason for life. I taught about 4-5 whole lessons, by myself, to people on the street in about 2 hours. Thats pretty good here. Each lesson was about 10-15 minutes long. that will give you a little gist of how I'm doing with the language. The lord really has blessed me with learning the language and I credit him for everything I have learned. I Know that only through Christ we can be saved. It is a wonderful message we are teaching. The message of the Restoration opens so many doors. I am grateful for my chance I have to serve a mission, even if I've been cursed at, rained on beyond belief, had cigarettes thrown at me, been told "I'll kill you", been followed, yelled at in the face, and many other wonderful experiences. It just makes the message even sweeter.


I love this work and I love you all. Thank you for your love, support, letters, and especially your prayers. Your prayers are what help me more than anything. The Lord is blessing me personally and I am growing and becoming a disciple of Christ. Thank you again and love you all.


"No Regrets"

Liebe euch,

Elder Merrill