A very expensive car that Kyle spotted.
He thought this beehive was interesting.Hello Mom and family,
Things are so awesome here in Langen. I am with Elder Sessions from Pleasant View, Utah. He has an identical twin in the Berlin Mission right now. Pretty cool kid. We get along very well. I am so excited about the work here. We are working hard but we aren't teaching as many lessons as I would like to. We are going to really step it up this week and put our trust in the Lord to lead us where we need to go to teach.
So something kind of cool, last night we went to the church in Darmstadt and I played on the piano in the chapel. This wasn't Just any other Piano, it was the piano from Präsident Uchtdorfs talk "Lift where you Stand". Ya, kind of a cool experience. It seems like all the people around here Know him personally.
Well we have a pretty sweet investigator that is really starting to progress. We are really hoping that he will progress to baptism this cycle. I am so excited to teach him. Last night he came to young single adult FHE and he really enjoys it. We are going to really focus on him. On sunday we had 4 investigators to church! Wow it was sweet. We are in a small branch but it is awesome.
This last week we got to serve this old couple in the branch. We dug a hole and filled it with rocks then covered it and then help him get rid of some old metal. Wow service is pretty fun. I love it. There are some sweet people in the ward and they are so happy to help my german become better.
Oh, ok so the last couple of days have been murder for the weather. It is amazingly humid and hotter than ever. I saw a thermometer that said 42° which comes to be 107! Ya we were out doing doors. I never really have experienced humidity but ya everything on your body is wet. Not my kind of fun, but we make it fun.
Ok I was thinking about some of the things that I can't get here in germany and #1 on the list would be a top sheet! I can't stand it. So that would be pretty awesome if you could send me one. Ummm I forgot my planner and I had stuff written down in it. Also some good cd's of church music and even some other music that is uplifting and inspiring. OK what else... ummm well if you are feeling really nice you could get me some perfect push-ups. Pictures would be way sweet too. Umm there was something else that I cant remember. A thumb drive so I can save pictures onto it. Ok so i will let you know in next weeks email.
So I hope the blog is going well and you are able to keep up on it. Thanks for all of your love and support. Oh I was going to tell you about our bikes. They are ok nothing like ours at home. My bike tire is bent a bit so it always rubs on the brake pad so I just undid the brake so I didn't have any resistance. We ride them probably every other day but the first day I got so saddle sore and we only rode for a total of about 20 minutes.
Well tell the family to stay happy and to study the scriptures. Thanks for Andrew's email. That's cool he got a Baptism. Elder Waddoups got one this last week too. Kinda cool. Well thanks for everything and I love you all. I am excited to write you next week because I know I am going to have a sweet story for you.
"No Regrets"
Liebe euch,
Elder Merrill
p.s. please tell Michael Sisemore Happy Birthday for me and tell him that I'm doing well here in Germany.
Things are so awesome here in Langen. I am with Elder Sessions from Pleasant View, Utah. He has an identical twin in the Berlin Mission right now. Pretty cool kid. We get along very well. I am so excited about the work here. We are working hard but we aren't teaching as many lessons as I would like to. We are going to really step it up this week and put our trust in the Lord to lead us where we need to go to teach.
So something kind of cool, last night we went to the church in Darmstadt and I played on the piano in the chapel. This wasn't Just any other Piano, it was the piano from Präsident Uchtdorfs talk "Lift where you Stand". Ya, kind of a cool experience. It seems like all the people around here Know him personally.
Well we have a pretty sweet investigator that is really starting to progress. We are really hoping that he will progress to baptism this cycle. I am so excited to teach him. Last night he came to young single adult FHE and he really enjoys it. We are going to really focus on him. On sunday we had 4 investigators to church! Wow it was sweet. We are in a small branch but it is awesome.
This last week we got to serve this old couple in the branch. We dug a hole and filled it with rocks then covered it and then help him get rid of some old metal. Wow service is pretty fun. I love it. There are some sweet people in the ward and they are so happy to help my german become better.
Oh, ok so the last couple of days have been murder for the weather. It is amazingly humid and hotter than ever. I saw a thermometer that said 42° which comes to be 107! Ya we were out doing doors. I never really have experienced humidity but ya everything on your body is wet. Not my kind of fun, but we make it fun.
Ok I was thinking about some of the things that I can't get here in germany and #1 on the list would be a top sheet! I can't stand it. So that would be pretty awesome if you could send me one. Ummm I forgot my planner and I had stuff written down in it. Also some good cd's of church music and even some other music that is uplifting and inspiring. OK what else... ummm well if you are feeling really nice you could get me some perfect push-ups. Pictures would be way sweet too. Umm there was something else that I cant remember. A thumb drive so I can save pictures onto it. Ok so i will let you know in next weeks email.
So I hope the blog is going well and you are able to keep up on it. Thanks for all of your love and support. Oh I was going to tell you about our bikes. They are ok nothing like ours at home. My bike tire is bent a bit so it always rubs on the brake pad so I just undid the brake so I didn't have any resistance. We ride them probably every other day but the first day I got so saddle sore and we only rode for a total of about 20 minutes.
Well tell the family to stay happy and to study the scriptures. Thanks for Andrew's email. That's cool he got a Baptism. Elder Waddoups got one this last week too. Kinda cool. Well thanks for everything and I love you all. I am excited to write you next week because I know I am going to have a sweet story for you.
"No Regrets"
Liebe euch,
Elder Merrill
p.s. please tell Michael Sisemore Happy Birthday for me and tell him that I'm doing well here in Germany.


