We received this letter from Kyle on Saturday and I got a kick out of it and so I thought I would post it.
Dear Mom and Dad,
I'm sorry to put this on you right now but I need deodorant A.S.A.P. I'm not joking. I'll tell you what I would like. If Costco still sells the Degree stuff that dad uses I would like that or if not that Axe. I'm really sorry to do this to you but I'm on my last stick and Europeans don't use deodorant and the stuff they have is pathetic. All it is is a little bottle of this roll on stuff. I'm sorry but I didn't find this out 'till today. If you could please send a small box of 10-15 sticks that would be so wonderful.
Well p-day is about done with but I hope this week we can have some sweet stories for you. We have zone conference tomorrow which I'm really excited for. Oh, I will be getting my German driver's license this cycle which is pretty cool. Well, the language is definitely coming but it is really hard sometimes. I always try to keep a prayer in my heart for Heavenly Father to help me with speaking as well as understanding. He has blessed me so much already. It's really amazing to look back and see how much I've really learned. The mission is kind of tough right now. Right now I'm starting to develop the mentality of not giving up this opportunity for anything. I think the first part of every mission is tough to find that love for the mission. I'm glad to say that I'm "Losing myself in the work."
I am glad for this companionship because I can really focus on loving others and not thinking about myself. I'm happy and healthy. It's really amazing--I don't really understand how people can pass up the opportunity, especially when they have felt the spirit testify of the truth. I am growing and sometimes I feel I'm growing more myself than I am helping others grow. I don't know if that is how it is supposed to work. Hopefully, this part of my mission I can fine-tune those special characteristics and skills to make the other part of the mission a selfless service to all those I speak with.
Mom and Dad, thank you so much for your love and good example for me. There are several missionaries out here who aren't really focused, don't obey rules and what not. It's hard to see it sometimes because lots of the time it seems like they are having more fun and even more success. Sometimes I wonder what I'm doing wrong or not doing to find this success. I am really hoping I can find that one investigator who will be the one who is 100% ready. I don't know if I'll ever find them but I sure hope I can have at least one success. If not, I know I will be a success because I have really developed some good habits and become a true disciple of Christ. I'm not perfect but I'm getting better. Love you both.
"No Regrets."
Love your son,
Elder Merrill
p.s. Send that deoderant A.S.A.P. I need it. Thanks, Love you.


