Tuesday, July 7, 2009

July 7, 2009

Dear Family,

It's been pretty crazy this week. It was sad to see Elder Sessions go but I think it will be good for me. My new companion is Elder Brown. He is from Ogden. He was in my last district so we knew each other before. I was really surprised that we are companions. We work pretty well together I think but there are definately some things that I need to improve. He has only been in Germany for almost 6 months. We could possibly be the youngest companionship in the mission. It's sometimes tough for me because sometimes I just get frustrated with myself not being able to speak the language. It's always a new experience getting a new companion because you always have to adapt. It's tough but I'm learning. I love him though. I am grateful for this awesome experience I have here.

So this past week has been really crazy. Daniel is leaving for vacation for 3 stinking weeks. Man I hate that. Right about when they are ready for it, satan has to step in and take him on vacation. This past week we have done a ton of finding time but I actually really enjoy it. We were able to pick up two new investigators but I'm worried that niether one is really quite ready. On Friday we had District meeting and so I was able to meet our new District leader, a new elder, and a new sister to our district. All I have to say is that I absolutely love the senior couple in our District. Their name is the Millers. Pretty sure that I will keep in touch with them after they leave.

Sunday I taught Priesthood. Pretty crazy. I taught out of chapter 9 in preach my gospel. It was pretty sweet though. The members participated a lot and we brought up some good points. I was really nervous about how it was going to go but it was good. Then later that night we had an eating appointment with The Mühlmann family. They are SWEET. They have 4 kids. He served his mission in America and they all know english pretty well. The only one that is not very good is the son who is 15 and the daughter who is 7. We had Tacos which is a delicacy (kind of) but they dont have refried beans or real taco seasoning. It was still good though. A couple from the ward came over and the lady didn't even know what it was or how to make it or eat it. Really funny/ different.

Well this week has been filled with crazy people. One of the nicer things that happened was I got a beer cap thrown at me from an apartment building. Barely missed my face. Pretty crazy. All is well though. I'm healthy, safe, and working hard. Sounds like things are going well for you at home.

Dad how's it using a big-baler now? Well, it was different not celebrating or even seeing any celebration for the 4th of july. I even forgot about it until like half way through the day. Keep having fun and partying. Make sure to go boating as much as you can for me because that's something I miss, especially when it's 95 degrees daily and humider (is that a word) than you can imagine.

Well Take care. Love you all and keep me in your prayers, I need them.

"No Regrets"

Love,
Elder Merrill