This week was pretty good. On Wednesday I had a split with Elder Hewitt one of our zone leaders. It was a pretty good split. I learned that my German is absolutely terrible. I have been working really hard on my sentence structure and making pretty solid. I pray every morning for help to be able to speak clearly and correctly, and then at night I thank my Heavenly Father for the MIRACLES he has shown unto me. It is amazing to see the gift of tongues in action. I know that i am blessed beyond belief.
Thursday we taught a pretty sweet lesson to Daniel Roßberg. We taught about the priesthood authority and he now realizes that he wasn't baptized by the correct authority. The spirit was strong and he was able to feel it. We told him to pray about the feelings he has had and to ask for a confirmation that baptism is the correct thing to do. In our next appointment we will be trying to set a date for July 18! I am excited. Please pray for him to accept this. I am hoping that we can help him accomplish this covenant.
Friday we had an appointment with a member who is 35 and single. He lives with his Dad and step-mother and is very overweight. He is pretty much addicted to the computer. Apparantly that's all he does. He is very active though. We have it set up that we go on a little walk with him and teach him a lesson. We are doing this to help him get out of the house and because his step-mother is not a member. We hopefully want her to see that we are good young men and that she will eventually listen to our message. This last time she talked to us for a little while which was an improvement from last time.
We do a lot of doors here in this area but we don't get in on new investigators very often. Hopefully this week we can recieve some new investigators. So I have a funny story. This week we were walking towards the bus haltestelle (Bus Stop) and the bus passed us. We still had close to a quarter mile before we would get to the stop. We had an appointment so we needed to catch this bus. We started sprinting and I mean sprinting. Anyways, here in Germany there are no stop signs. There are only yield signs. Well we were running next to this main street and then this car pulled out of a side street in front of us. I thought it was going to stop for us but it didn't. Anyways, I had to jump out into the main road so it didn't hit me but I didn't even stop running or look back. It was way crazy and a funny story. Oh we caught the bus too.
On Saturday we had another ausstellung (street preach) and it was pretty good. It's sadning to see people not happy with their life and it is only because they don't have the gospel. I look at my life and see how happy it makes me and how much hope it brings to life. I am grateful for the examples I have had in my life and want to thank all of them.
Elder Sessions is getting transfered and he will be my new zone leader. There are only like 10 zone leaders in the mission and he is one of them. He will be a good leader. I hope that I will be able to develop the traits he has to make me a better and more effective missionary. I am getting Elder Brown. He was in my Karlsruhe district which is pretty crazy. He is only going into his 5th cycle and me my 3rd. We might be one of the youngest companionships in the mission. I hope we can have success together. Oh ya and this Elder Brown, while he was in high school he worked at this lab and he developed a "cure" for cancer. He owns 17% of the copyright. He says it is still getting fined tuned because only like 1/3 people it works with. He is a very intelligent young man.
Well love you all and wish you all the best this week. Feel free to send me more pictures of the farm, family, and other stuff. I love seeing pictures. you can send them in emails. Love you all and pray for you every night.
"No Regrets"
Love
Elder Merrill


