I spent the week at girl's camp and so I'm just getting around to posting. Thank you to those who have taken the time to write Kyle. I know he really appreciates the encouragement and receiving letters in his mailbox. --Lisa
Hello Mom, Dad, Family, and friends,
This last week was probably and hopefully the hardest week I will ever have (as far as lessons and teaching goes). We were only able to teach one lesson and that was with one of our investigators. I feel blessed though because near the end of the week I realized how lucky I was to even have that lesson. In this lesson we tried to commit them to baptism but the one who is really progressing and wants to learn said that she needed to pray about it. I felt good about her answer but her mother and younger sister said the same thing because they wanted out of the question. Going away from that appointment I felt kind of sour about the whole situation because I wasn't able to get an actual date set. We will have an appointment with her again this week and I really hope that we will be able to get a firm date set. She is ready. She studies everything we ask her to and when I say study I mean study. She writes things down that she finds enlightening and when we follow up with her she teaches us about the chapter and it really is amazing. I would ask you to please pray for her that we will be able to set a date with her. Her name is Alex Orzinski. I really hope that you are able to do this and hope that it helps bring hope to you also by helping me plead with the Lord for the sake of total strangers. I love this work. It is truly amazing. I hope you are still able to pray for Daniel Roßberg also. He was gone all last week so we weren't able to meet with him at all. We have an appointment with him on Thursday and we are going to try to commit him to baptism. This work is moving forward faster than you think. My german is getting better but it is still weak sauce. I have a split tomorrow with Elder Hewitt one of my zone leaders and I am really looking forward to it. I have so much still to learn. Just yesterday I had a pretty cool experience with listening to the Holy Ghost. We were knocking doors but no one was answering. Elder Sessions wanted to leave but I really felt that we needed to stay. Near the end of our time we had planned to be there we knocked on this old man's door. We were able to teach him a part of the second lesson and even though he didn't allow us to come back he was still able to feel the spirit and I feel that we were able to explain and enlighten him more about our Heavenly Father's love for us. Well this week should be a ton better and I'm looking forward to it. Transfer calls are this week but pretty sure I'm safe. I'm not totally sure about Elder Sessions but I will be happy if we stay together. Thanks for your love and support. It's crazy how time flies. Love you all and pray for you everyday. Thank you for your prayers and wish you all the best this week.
"No Regrets"
Love
Elder Merrill


