Tuesday, June 16, 2009







HAPPY B-DAY PAPPA,

Hey thanks so much for your letter this week. Well that story about Kory made me laugh like none other. I was actually thinking about that a couple weeks ago and how we have never had the four wheeler or motorcycles get put into the ditch. Hopefully, you can laugh about it now. Wow, so this past week our main investigator Daniel went out of town for a whole week which was really too bad. We wanted to set a baptismal date with him but obviously we weren't able to. But we found this family of 3 girls and a single mother and they are pretty sweet. There is one of the daughters that is 20, a "sweet spirit", and GOLDEN. I am pretty sure we are going to try to commit her to baptism. I am so amazed at how fast she is progressing and keeping her commitments. It's so sweet to see them progress. What else happened this week? Not too sure. I have seen how lives have been altered because they don't marry within the church. There are several members in our branch (all men) who their spouses don't come to church because either they don't believe in Christ or don't want anything to do with organized religion. It's really sad. Great men but they could be so much happier if they would have married in the church. Well this last week we had interviews with president and I felt kind of bad for him he seemed to be really stressed out. My interview lasted 5 minutes while the struggling companionships took at least 2 hours for each. Sometimes I feel bad for him. Well I have a couple pictures I'll send in an e-mail but other than that... how does it feel to be 43 (I think)? Well take care and thanks for the email.

"No Regrets"

Love,
Elder Merrill

Dear Mom,

Thanks for the letter. Sounds like you and Dad are perfecting Settlers without me. That's good. This week has been kind of rewarding. I would read Dad's letter and put that on the blog because unfortunately I don't want to write things twice. We are working together and having fun. It's been raining here the past couple of days but hopefully it looks like it's done. So I'll be sending some pictures and the ones of the forest--that's how we get from city to city on our bikes. There are little paved ways through the forest which is pretty sweet. Germany is treating me pretty well and I am working hard and doing the best I can. Thanks for your letters every week and tell everyone I say hi. Oh ya, by the way I got a letter from Becca A. the other week and then one from Kortneigh and one from Uncle Ben this week. It's nice to get letters from friends and family. Tell them thanks. I will write them back but you can tell them I appreciate it.

"No Regrets"
Love
Elder Merrill

p.s. Remember that coin I got from that guy in Costco, well this last week I lost it either in a random house, in the church, in a members home, or on the side of the street. It really stinks. I wanted to be able to have that when I go home because not only is it a good reminder but I could give a good lesson with only that coin. STINK