Dear Family,
No I don't stink yet, Thankfully. The weather has been a little cooler so it's not as bad. The humidity is amazing though. It is really sick. All my clothes stick to me. Not really fun.
Well this past week was really quite a good week. We were able to find a new investigator, have Zone-Conference, and another Street Preach. I am doing good here and am working way hard. So since I got Elder Brown I have been like the Senior companion. It's not a calling that president gives or anything but its been kind of different. I have been the one to carry around the cell phone and make all the calls. It's been good for me I have really learned a lot as I must force myself to make decisions.
I have really tried to follow the words of President Hinckley's father "Forget yourself and get to work!" I have tried to really use those words of council this cycle. I had the opportunity to take a Mission Prep class at BYU and my Professor taught us when you or your companion is home-sick to really push through it and go to work. We have been working hard. I strive to focus all of our conversations on our investigators and the mission itself. It's really been good. I love Elder Brown and am grateful for the things I am learning from him and with him.
On Wednesday after Zone Conference we were able to do some finding time after we got home. We continued working on a street that we had been doing earlier. We were at an apartment and I had decided to call it a night after the next set of doors. We klingled through and the very last klingle we talked with a Filipino man at his door. As Elder Brown was talking to him I felt really impressed to share with him the message of the Restoration and Joseph Smith. I recited the first vision and I was as sincere as I could be. He let us in. We taught him the end of the first lesson and committed him to reading and praying. We asked for a return appointment to talk about his experience and he said "OK, How about Friday?" It was wonderful. We returned and taught him more. He had kept his commitments and agreed to meet again. I am grateful for the Lord blessing us and helping us to become those men that he needs. I still have a long ways to go but I am giving it my all. Wow, so being a missionary is so awesome! I am able to have some pretty sweet experiences and grow from them.
We ate with a family on Sunday and he is an American. We had STEAK. They have steak here in Germany but he made some 18-20 oz. steaks for each of us. Quite a lot of meat. We are working with this part member family right now and the first time we went over there the wife grabbed her cigarettes and went up-stairs. The next time she talked with us a little more and then it has just been progressing since. She invited us over for dinner this week to meet her mother. It's way sweet. I am going to try to share a spiritual thought with them this week. It's amazing how people warm up to you. Germans are a little crazy though. We talked to this lady. She said she has been living next to her neighbors for 3 years and she didn't know them. Crazy. Germans don't like to talk with people they don't know which makes missionary work hard some times but it's moving right along.
In the past two weekends our mission has had 5 baptisms and 5 more baptismal dates set. It's great to see others in the mission have success. I am grateful for the many blessings in my life and I know that the Lord is blessing me like none other.
Please take lots of pictures this summer and make sure you send them. Kiersten, do you have that kids information from Germany cuz that'd be way sweet to give it as a referral. When are you going to the Cabin? Who are you taking? Take pictures and have extra fun for me.
Well, Gotta go. Thanks for all your love and support. Thanks for the deodorant too, I think it will probably get here next week but thanks. Keep sharing the gospel and study the scriptures. I was reading one of President Monson's talks from conference this morning and he said that every priesthood holder needs to be studying the scriptures every day. Boys, make sure you make a conscience effort in doing that. I really wish that I would have done a better job studying when I was younger. Thanks for your love and support. Keep the letters coming.
"No Regrets"
Love,
Elder Merrill


