Saturday, December 5, 2009

November 24, 2009

Dear Family,

This week I have hardly any time. We had a split with the zone leaders and we got messed up with bahn's so we got P-day started late. Oh well.

Well some bad news. Brother Phong wanted to cancel his date because of several reasons. His mother will be dying soon and she wants him to become a buddah. That means that he fasts for two weeks, he can't touch his wife, and he has to pray and meditate every day. Ya, so he asked to cancel his date. We are still going to be meeting with him twice a week and he will still come to church but he just felt like he couldn't do it. We are hoping that everything will klap. Daniel has gone six days without smoking at all. Pretty sweet. Unfortunately, we have to move his date back until the 10th of January because the brother he wants to baptize him can't get here any sooner. We will be working with him hard so that he is ready to get into the water.

Was noch.... well I have began to speak only German from now on. I have made it a goal that I want to have lost some english when I come home and I know it's possible. It's hard sometimes even to write e-mails because I only speak german. So far so good. I am wanting more time to study in the mornings so I get up a half hour early. It's been good so far. I'm excited to see what happens this next week.

We eat at members homes usually once a week. That's about it. For german food that I really like, it's called Roladen. Unfortunately it's more of a southern thing but I'm sure I'll have it again sometime. For things I really don't like, they have some really wierd meats here like spreadable stuff. I think its nasty but Elder Gruber likes it. The Christmas markets are starting to open up. I'm pretty excited. Hopefully it starts to get cold here. It's been in the high 40's for a while. We just had a pretty big storm last night with wind so maybe a cold front is coming in. It's way hard to tell when we don't have the news.

Well I gotta go but keep up the missionary work. That would be way sweet if you get to teach those kids with the missionaries. They must be pretty good missionaries if you are giving them referalls. :)

Well, OK. Again, I don't need anything for Christmas. Please keep what it would cost you to send me something and help me buy a car or some new skiis when I'm done. :)

The Spirit is able to lead me and tell me what to say and do. It's amazing how much it really actually helps us. I'm way thankful for the blessing I have to have the gospel in my life. The church is amazing.

Love you all

"No Regrets"
Elder Merrill

If you hear or see of any of my friends, feel free to tell them I said to write me! Love you.