Hello Mom,
I'm glad that you didn't forget to write me. I really enjoy getting your emails because it let's me in on how the family is doing and normally the only mail I get. :) (I was saying my prayers at 11:30 at night and when I prayed for Kyle I remembered that I forgot to write him.)
That's cool that Connell won state. I bet Riner was pretty happy. Well that was sad news about Mick Monk. Hope the funeral goes well. Sounds like Dad is way busy and I bet he's way stressed out. I pray for you all and hope that everything is going well with our family. I'm sure Dad is going to be glad when the Christmas season is over. It's got to be pretty stressful for him.
Mom how are you doing? I don't hear to much about you and how things are going for you. I'm sure it's pretty stressful for you also. I'm so thankful for you and Dad. You both put a smile on my face. I'm sure you know this already but I love you both. I haven't been too homesick but sometimes it's hard not to think of home. I'm working hard and trying to give the Lord all that I have.
This last week kinda stunk. Daniel didn't come to church and he fell back to smoking again. I'm worried for him. I want him to make progress but we can't force him. We found a couple new investigators who will hopefully make some progress. I'm grateful that the Lord is with us in the work. Without him It would be way difficult. The feeling of the Holy Ghost is a great feeling and being inspired helps me to remember that I'm never alone in the work.
This week we had one of our former investigators show up out of nowhere at church. She invited us over to ask us some questions. We set up an appointment and brought a member. As we were there we answered all of her questions that she had about the church. Her last question was a shock but heart warming; she asked us: "In order to be a member of your church, I would have to be baptized, right?" That was such a sweet feeling. She has come to church the last two weeks and is such a nice sweet lady. Two months ago she wasn't ready to accept it all but now the Lord has prepared her to start meeting with us again. The gospel is an amazing gift in our life and we will always be blessed when we follow the principles taught.
Tell everyone that I say hi and that I love them. I'm so thankful that all of my family is in the church and that we all share the same religious values.
Love you mom and family. During the Christmas time, keep your mind focused on The true meaning of Christmas. I love you all and will work my hardest to share this wonderful message.
"No Regrets"
Love
Elder Merrill


