Tuesday, January 19, 2010

January 12, 2010

Hello Family,

OK so I got the last two letters from Korbin and Kory this last week. I have got to say that Korbin's was probably the best. I read the cover and I thought to myself, "oh wow, that's way nice of him to send me a letter saying that I'm like the best brother in the world." I tried opening and then I realized it was glued shut. I checked the back and then I saw it. I got a good laugh out of it. That was way nice of all of the kids to send me Birthday cards.

This last week was pretty sweet for getting mail. I got a letter or a package everyday. I got a package from the grandparents which was way nice. They are so nice and I love them all. I got some other letters from Kaitlan and some others but I can't remember all of them right now.

So it's pretty tough doing missionary work right now. Not because of us but because of the German's. "It's too cold". That's what they say. It's not even that cold--only about 20 degrees. We still have snow which apparently is crazy for Solingen. It's been a pretty cool winter. I'm super thankful that all of the Holiday's are over. Now people don't have as many excuses. We found some pretty sweet potential investigators this week so that's pretty cool. Sister Pickelein says that she can't get baptized until her eye's are all healed from her surgery. We are praying for her. She is such a sweet old lady. We'll have a pretty sweet week this next week.

I don't have a whole lot to say this week other than I'm super glad that I'm here. There are some sweet times that we have on the mission. Elder McGowan and I are having fun together. It seems like we've been together for five weeks but at the same time it seems like we've been together longer. He's a good missionary. I'm loving the work. Testimony is growing strong. Love you all.

"No Regrets"

Love
Elder Merrill

p.s. I would recommend that you read Jesus the Christ. Pretty amazing book. Love it. I'm in chapter 17 at the moment and I've learned so much.