Hey Mom/Dad,
So it was great hearing from you both. Thanks for the pictures of the tractor. Elder Chapman said it looked like it got bombed. He really likes war stuff. Thanks for giving Kortneigh a hard time. Well looks like people are healthy and doing well. Thanks for the pictures. I love getting pictures of home. That's way awesome that you saw JohnHortin. If you see him again tell him I say hi and that I'm doing way good. It's pretty crazy how small the world is.
So we are working hard with Brother Phong but he is starting to doubt. He is having some trouble with tithing because he supports other members of his family as well. He is going to get baptized this week if he does. Really pray hard for him and that he will act on the feelings that he has. His wife isn't standing in the way at all. She accepts him getting baptized but it's a totally different life style that he would be taking on. I love that guy. He is so close and I hope that he makes the right decision. We have a bunch of support from the members which is a huge help. They want him to get baptized as much as I do. It's a really sweet feeling to be able to bring someone to a knowledge of Christ and his Atonement. It's amazing for me to look back and see that he didn't know anything about Jesus Christ. Through reading the Book of Mormon and our help he has come to develop a testimony in Christ. That is a proof that The Book of Mormon is Another Testament of Jesus Christ. I love it so much. There are so many blessings of being a missionary. It's going to be an intense week this week and I hope he makes it through it.
This past week we happened to meet this inactive member in a bus. He is CRAZY. no joke. He asked us if we could go with him to his house. We had time so we figured that that would be good to share a message with him and then leave. Well we found out that he is skiztsafrentic and paranoid. Pretty crazy combination. Yesterday he called me like 15-16 times. No Joke. I was pretty aggravated so I just shut the phone off. I let Elder Chapman talk with I didn't have enough patience.
We also had an appointment with Oma Friedel Pickelein (Frau Pickelein). She said that she doesn't have anything against being baptized. We tried setting a date with her but she wouldn't make one for some reason. There is a Sister in the ward that works really well with her and so we are hoping that she can set a date for us.
We are working way hard. I love this work so much. I talked with someone the other day on the street and he asked me if I could handle the responsibility of these people that are baptized. It was a good time for me to take a step back and see if I really could handle the responsibility. I testified to him that I could because I know that it is the true work of God and that what I shared with others was true doctrine of Jesus Christ. I can't explain the feelings that we have as missionaries. It's a marvelous work that we are able to help in. The Lord loves us so much. I thank Him everyday for the opportunity to give up two years of my life to help others come unto the Savior, Jesus Christ.
Well sorry it's so short but we are going to a castle today and we don't got too much time. I love you all and wish you a good week. "No Regrets"
Love,
Elder Merrill


