Monday, May 3, 2010

May 3, 2010



Dear Mom,

Thanks for the email this past week. It is always really enjoyable to hear what's going on at home. So we don't really do "Street Preaches" very often. When we do it's usually that we have a little choir that sings and then there are other missionaries who go out and talk with people. I'm usually one of those that just talks with people the whole time because it's fun and I'm pretty good at it as well.

So the weather the past couple of days has been colder than usual which isn't very fun but that's alright. We are already in the third week of the transfer which is way crazy. Time just flies by. I'm afraid because I've been here so long that if I get transferred that time is only going to go faster. So this past week we were able to find two new investigators. We have been finding on average about 1.7 new investigators every week for the past five or six weeks. It's pretty cool. We like to teach alot. We have been teaching more and more lessons and they've seemed to be more affective. We are still meeting with Brother Phong. I am really hoping that he'll come to the decision of getting baptized. He is almost there and it would bless his life so much. His son is 6 and he loves me. Every time we go over there he always wants to sit by me and listen. If you could, please pray for him and that he will feel of the truthfulness and get baptized. I want to help him make this step and I think that's why I'm still here in Solingen. I do need to remember that it's the Lord's timing and not mine. I love this gospel so much.

This week we have zone conference so I am super excited to learn from President and the Assistants. They are amazing teachers. I'm working on my teaching abilities and working on being more Christlike in my teaching, teaching through the Spirit.

I love you Mom and wish you the best this week. Thanks for giving me an update of the family. I think Korbin is still gonna be weak when I get home. I'll take him down like nothing. How much does he weigh now? He probably weighs as much as me (175). I'll still be able to give Dad a run for his money. Thanks for all you do.

"No Regrets"

Love Elder Merrill

pics: Sky (brother Phongs Son), Mahlzeit! (meal time)