Dear Family,
Wow, sounds like last week was crazy. That stinks that the tractor caught on fire. I bet Grandpa was shaking pretty bad afterwards. Maybe you should have the kids pressure wash all the tractors and stuff. It might be good for the farm. I've noticed that on the mission when you stay clean and organized that things run a lot smoother and more efficiently. That's my counsel for the week :)
Well Dad, I'll have to say that was a pretty good email that you wrote me. I think that was the best/longest email I have gotten from you. hehe Well, they are all good. It's finally warm here again. It's about 20-25 degrees and with the sun shining. I'm pretty happy about that because all the people are happier. We stepped up again this week. We have been teaching more lessons per week since the beginning of March. It's way sweet to see the progress we are making. This past week we had a couple appointments fall out but that's part of life. Yesterday we went to the Braun's for dinner. They are a younger couple but don't have any kids. They are my favorite family in Germany. I love there style and we get along very well. They talked to me yesterday about marriage which was pretty cool but kind of weird to think about. They have a really good marriage and so I listened well. The best part of the whole appointment was at the end. We shared a spiritual thought and then Brother Braun said "Ich habe eine epfehlung für euch". I have maybe heard that five times my entire mission. He said that he had a referral for us. I felt really good afterwards. I felt trusted. I knew that he was serious about this referral because he said when you go there let us know and we will pray for you. It was just a sweet experience.
I'm loving the opportunity to serve here in Solingen. Even though it's been over 6 months I feel like we are seeing a lot of success. Elder Chapman is really improving in speaking German and also teaching. We are lucky to be staying together again. So because of the volcano in Iceland you know that all the flights were canceled, well the goldens couldn't come to Germany when they were supposed to and the missionaries scheduled to go home had to stay an extra week. Pretty crazy how one volcano can affect the world like that.
So I don't know really what to write about. I'm really busy these days and I love it. I'm way thankful that I have a obedient companion that work along side me, not in front or behind me. Our district is really sweet and doing awesome. District meeting last week was filled with the spirit and it's great. I love being filled with the spirit and joy of the Gospel. Today we are going to go do something with the Wuppertal Elder's.
So tonight we are going to meet with a family in the ward and have FHE. The Dad is not active and the Mom left the family a couple years ago, sad story. I'm pretty sure they haven't had FHE in a really long time and so I'm going to try and get it going again in their family. We planned out a lesson. We are planning to read a talk from the Liahona about the Cubuca (Monkey Trap). We used an old soccer ball and made the trap. We have a racquet ball and we are going to write things of the world that can help us lose concentration on the gospel and lead to addictions. It's going to be a sweet lesson. Then we are gonna play UNO and have Berliner's. I'm pretty excited about it. I can't wait 'till I can have family night every week with my own family. I miss getting all together and just having fun. We don't get many such opportunities so I'm gonna make the best out of it.
I hope that all who are able to read my email's on the blog enjoy the stories and experiences that I share. Thank you for every one's love and support in this calling. I love you all. I'm thankful for the blessing of the gospel in my life. It is a priceless gift. I hope that we all take the chance to share our testimonies this week with someone we normally wouldn't. It will bless your lives as well as those with whom you share it with. Matthew 10:39 "He that findeth his life shall lose it: and he that loseth his life for my sake shall find it." It's the same way with testimonies, if we don't share and exercise our testimonies we will lose them. Exercise your faith in Christ and work towards helping others receiving the gift of the restored gospel. I love every single one of you very much. I am truly grateful for my family and friends. "No Regrets"
Love,
Elder Merrill


