Hey Mom,
So P-day was supposed to be yesterday (Monday) but we had a bunch of appointments so President let us have it today. We are working way hard. So we did a bunch of doors this last week and we found some pretty cool people. I hope that they can all make some progress. It's been fun doing doors because that's when the crazy stories come into play.
So the best part of it all was yesterday. Our last appointment yesterday fell out so we decided to do some doors before the bus came and we did this apartment building. We start at the bottom to get let in and then we walk up to the top and knock on the individual doors so we can talk face to face, it's way better that way. Well as we were walking up the top we walked past this one door and I heard a lady talking in English on the other side, it was American English too. I told Elder Chapman, "I call this door". So when we got to this door we knocked and the door opened. I started out speaking in English talking about the family. She had two little kids. I asked her what her "two daughters" meant to her and she said "everything, but this one is actually a boy". I was pretty embarrassed but so is life. We kept talking and then she said, "you know I'm from a Mormon background". I was a little shocked because I had said nothing about the church or being missionaries for the Mormon church. I asked her how so, then she said that she was baptized when she was 8 years old. Her family is LDS as well. We found out that she got married to a German and moved to Germany in 2005 but that she had just separated from her husband. We found out that she is from Idaho Falls! Most likely her family is still active and have been praying that she find her way back to the church. We got information of how we can stay in contact and then we had to get on our way. It was an amazing experience. We talked a little bit about this experience and we thought that we were probably an answer to her families prayers. A very awesome experience. Her name is Crystal Ullmann but her maiden name is Andrejek (no clue on the spelling but it's the best I can do). Maybe give Bruce a call and see if he possibly would know this family. That was our sweetest experience that we had this week doing doors.
This last week we also had a split with the Assistants. That was really cool. I got to ride in a car for once. We are losing 10 Elders after this transfer and finally getting 5 new Elders. We haven't got new Elders since December so it will be nice to see new missionaries. There are less kids going on missions now, for whatever reason, so our numbers are dropping down.
Time is flying by. It's crazy how fast it's going. I love serving my mission and love serving the Lord in this calling as a missionary. I'm way excited for the improvement that our mission is making. I'm happy to say that I'm part of this improvement but I still gotta work harder in what I do.
So today for P-day we will be cleaning our apartment (like we do every week), and then writing a letter or two and maybe go check and see if there are any sweet deals on suits. My one suit is definitely getting trashed but that's OK, it's part of life. The suits here are anywhere from 75 to 400 Euro. I'm looking for the cheapest thing I can get. I don't want to buy a suit 'till the end of summer because I don't have to wear one during the summer. Just so you know. Umm so I haven't gotten that package with the medicine. Dad said he sent it with the shoes. Well I haven't gotten it. I don't know what happened to it but haven't got it.
Well I love you Mom. I hope that you are all having a good time soaking up the spring time.
"No Regrets"
Love,
Elder Merrill


