Dear Mom, Dad, and Family,
So after I sent my emails last week we went back to the apartment and I had gotten the package that Dad had sent me. Thanks for sending me the medicine. It's really helping out. I don't know whether or not I'm going to use the shoes or not because I'm going to trash the shoes I use before I move on to the next pair. Thank you for the two cd's that you threw in there. It is really nice to get some new music. So this last week we taught a total of 14 lessons, which is a huge improvement. We are striving to teach more and be more affective and it's helping us to concentrate on the work. I don't have a map of the new mission boundaries so I don't know what to tell you. We have about 100 missionaries in our mission. We are dropping in numbers big time but by the end of this year it will start to build back up. It's been pretty awesome to see the change in our mission from the start of this year. I'm pretty sure you read President's emails to us so you can see the graphs. It's saweet to be serving at this time when the work is changing big time. We are doing good work here.
So I am staying in Solingen again with Elder Chapman. It doesn't bother me at all. I like it here because we are having our own success and changing this area around to become an example area. We are getting two sets of missionaries into our district so it will be us in Solingen, Elder McArthur and his Golden in Wuppertal, the Zone Leaders Elder Moffat and Elder St from Düsseldorf and then Sister Botcher and Sister Thaden. I haven't had a big district since I was in Langen. I'm pretty excited about that.
I really like the ward but there is that one member that just likes to think that he can tell us what to do and who to and not to meet with and to bring to church. It is just a little bit annoying at sometimes but it's good for me. Mosiah 23:21 Nevertheless the Lord seeth fit to chasten his people; yea, he trieth their patience and their faith.
We haven't had the opportunity to meet with Crystal (the lady from IF) last week because she was busy but hopefully this week. I hope that we can in someway or another help her out and to come back to church. It's pretty sad to meet with some of the inactives. They just feel that they don't need to change and repent of the wickedness but they are just miserable and sad. I'm really dissapointed in one member in particular because he is now living with his girlfriend and he is not happy at all. I feel for him but I wish he would humble himself before the lord and repent of this abomination. It really just puts a sour taste in my mouth for those that don't live chaste. The prophets have all taught us that it's one of the worst things that we could ever do in life. It is mocking God and his gift to us. I am glad that I have never had to worry about that in my life and am glad that I have been raised to live the commandments of God.
Well I love you all and wish you the best. I have several letters that I need to write today. I've gotten letters and have put some of them off for several weeks now.
"No Regrets"
Love Elder Merrill


