Monday, April 26, 2010

April 6, 2010



Dear Family,

Wow this week I got a ton of emails. That was pretty sweet. Too bad that doesn't happen every week. So don't forget that Pday is moving to Monday for me next week which is Sunday for you. It's moving to Monday because we are the only mission pretty much in Europe that has Pday on Tuesday and it will help the work out too. The whole week long we are working to help our investigators come to church and to feel of the spirit during the sacrament. It will help us to do our job better in helping others.

So Eric's Letter was absolutely hilarious. I was cracking up, and the guy sitting next to me had no idea what was going on.

Sounds like you had a good time in Hawaii. I don't really remember the tour guide at all but I remember Eddy. Man that was some fun stuff. So the transmission went out in the Suburban? Sounds like things are still as busy as ever at home. How's Dad coming along with work. Has he got all the spring work done or is he still way stressed out? How are the kids doing in school? Have them write me an Email, I would really enjoy that.

We are trying to improve the amount of lessons we are teaching each week. We are working hard this week in finding those people who are ready for the Gospel, yes FINDING TIME. I love it. It makes for great faith building experiences.

So General Conference was Awesome! I loved it. Unfortunately, we miss the second Sunday Session but I can only imagine how good it was. For me the talk by Elder Cook followed by President Monson sealed the deal. I was moved amazingly by the spirit. I could feel the love of the Savior and I knew that his spirit was present being a witness. It was just an amazing feeling. I loved it. I really enjoyed the talk from Elder Oaks also. It was very powerful. What I learned from it was that we are going to be expected to use the Priesthood power more often in healing and that we need to strengthen our faith enough to bring about miracles. In the short time that I have had the healing power of the Melchezidek Priesthood. I have a very strong testimony of the Priesthood and I know that it is the power of God given to man to work miracles among men. I think often about the story of Korihor and Alma when people say that there are no more miracles on the earth today. They say that they've never seen them and that if there was that it needs to be shown to them in order to believe. They talked a lot during conference about families and in teaching in the family and building a strong testimony in the youth of our children. I want to thank you Dad, Mom, and everyone else for helping me build a strong testimony in my youth. By having a strong testimony as I was young helped me to recognize when I wasn't following Christ and to change myself, turn around and to fix it and to never go back to it. I have made mistakes in my life as everyone has but it was my testimony in Christ that helped me Repent of those things and 'shake off the chains' that could hold me bound (2 Nephi 9:45).

I want to thank you Mom and Dad for raising me. I love you both very much. I know that our family is joyful and that we all love each other because we all love Christ. When Christ is the center of our families we have a greater love and joy with one another. It makes me happy to know that the Lord is with us in what ever we do. He knows our weaknesses and he allows those things because we learn so much from them. I can say that I've learned the most either during or right after a hard trial in my life. I'm thankful for the friends that I have and that they have also helped me to grow into who I am today. I love the Lord with all my Heart. I know that because of his Resurrection that we all, one day, will rise again and live in his presence and glory. We must do all we can in order to achieve this goal. We must all humble ourselves before the Lord our God and come to know his will. As we do this we will find that "All things shall be restored to their proper order, every thing to its natural frame—mortality raised to immortality, corruption to incorruption—raised to endless happiness to inherit the kingdom of God..." (Alma 41:4). It's a blessing to live on the earth during these times where the Kingdom of God is on the Earth. We must do all we can to help this kingdom grow. The opportunity I have to serve a mission means everything to me. I get chills down my spine just saying that I'm a missionary for the Lord Jesus Christ. It is the best experience that I could have ever asked for.

"No Regrets"

Love
Elder Merrill

p.s. Haven't got the package yet maybe it will come today, Hopefully!
pics are Bridge and at a ward easter breakfast, (most are non-members or visitors)