Monday, April 26, 2010

March 30, 2010

Hey Dad,

Way nice to hear from you and about the farm too. It sounds like you got a ton of work to do and it sounds like you are pretty stressed out about it. I wish I could help you out but you'll just have to wait a year. I love hearing about the farm. So how are you getting along with out mom there? I bet it's a little tough. It would be way wierd for me to go to bed without my companion there. Kind of a different situation but still I can understand how you feel. How are the 3 kids doing? I haven't heard from them in a while.

I am loving the work. We have set the goal to teach 20 lessons this week which is a big jump. the average is about eight or nine that we teach in a week. Zone Conference was way awesome. Last year we had 94 baptism's and President has set the goal of 200 for this year. The first quarter is already done so we gotta get bustin. I'm really giving all I got. I'm way thankful that I have him as a Mission President. It's amazing the revelation that he receives for the mission.

Well I wish you all the best and I love you. I am proud of who my father is and I know that you are serving the Lord with all your heart. Thank you for teaching me the gospel and helping me become the missionary that I am now and that I wanted to be. I wish you the best of luck this next week and hope you can get everything done. "No Regrets"

Love
Your Son Elder Merrill

p.s. what electrical are you doing right now? How does it look so far for this years crop and prices? I'm looking forward to working on the farm again. I didn't say that in a home sick way by the way. :)


Liebe Mutter,

How are you doing. I heard you are sunburnt. I bet your loving the sun and the heat. Dad says it's way cold at home so you are lucky.

So it's tough now to write this letter because I just got done writing Dad's so I don't want to write the same stuff. So I'm glad you enjoyed last weeks letter. It didn't take me too much time to. Elder Chapman likes to take quite a bit of time for emails. I just write mine and then wait for him. We email in Internet Cafe's so I get off because I don't want to pay more than what I need to. So we are finally done moving apartments. The apartment that we are now in doesn't have carpet but it is up off the ground so we get to see the sun rise. I'm fine with it.

We had a sweet Zone Conference on Thursday. President did a really good job on getting us more motivated. I already wrote Dad about but last year we had 94 baptism's in the mission and this year he fasted and prayed about it and he has set the goal for the mission to get 200 baptism's! I'm way pumped for it. We are going to be getting some sweet counsel from leaders and what not and our mission is going to expand too. Sorry I can't really say what our new area is going to be but I Can say the we are getting 2 stakes and a District. We will extend to the Czeck border which will be way sweet. So we are also going to be changing our P-Day to monday's starting APRIL 12. Just to let you know. We have set up 12 lessons for this week so we are going to be way busy. President has encouraged us to teach 20 lessons in a week so I'm really going for it. I want to follow the Counsel of my leaders because I know that it will bless my life as well as lead to more success.

Time is flying by. I can't believe that It's already Easter. By the way Mom. Happy Birthday tomorrow. I just got off the Phone with some lady and she wants some help moving. Hopefully it will lead to a teaching opportunity. THE WORK IS GROWING! I can't really say how excited I am about this time. I know that I am called to serve here during this time. I'm super stoked at the success we all are seeing. It's the whole mission. I don't know if you read President's letters to us but you can clearly see the growth in the work. I love it.

So I hope you have a fun time in Hawaii and hope you are doing well with your back and neck. I pray for you and the family. I love you all so much and am thankful that I have you all in my family. Tell the girls that I want to hear from them. They can email me--that would be awesome. So have fun. Take lots of pictures. I would love to get some more pictures from you all. It's crazy that it's been 14 months. Time goes by way too fast. I don't know if it's going by as fast for you but for me it's flying by.

Love you all! "No Regrets"

Elder Merrill