Tuesday, May 25, 2010

May 25, 2010




Dear Family,

So on Tuesday we met with Brother Phong and we had an awesome appointment. We had Brother Braun there (My favorite Member) and he did an awesome job giving testimony. We have been, as you can imagine, focusing on baptism and the love of our Father in Heaven as well as the Savior. It was filled with the spirit and just great. He prayed to end and said an amazing prayer. He thanked the Lord for answering his prayers and for the opportunity he had to feel of the spirit. Just a great overall appointment. On Thursday we met again at the church and Bishop Pauly came (Second Favorite Member). The Zone Leaders came and interviewed him for baptism and it was just a great day. Saturday we dropped by on him and when I walked in the house the spirit was just burning. It was a great feeling. On Sunday he and his wife and kids showed up to church and just had a great Sunday. We had a good baptismal service after Sacrament meeting. The only thing that was a little tough was that his wife doesn't speak very good German at all so she couldn't really understand too much what the speakers were saying which is a little tough to feel of the spirit. The spirit was definitely strong though and I think she enjoyed the experience. I don't know how long it's going to take her to come to accept the gospel but I think she'll see the blessings that come from her husband and then eventually come too. This Sunday he is going to be getting the Holy Ghost as well as the Aaronic Priesthood. It just blows my mind every time I think about it; from not believing or knowing about Jesus Christ to being baptized and taking his name upon himself. I LOVE IT! It's experiences like these that just keep me rollin'.

On Tuesday they found a bomb from WWII in one of the cities where we work and we just happened to be there when they found it. I thought it was a joke at first when somebody told me but it was for real. It was pretty crazy cuz the cops had like all the streets blocked off and firetrucks driving through the city telling people to stay in the homes and to shut all windows and not come out. It was a chemical bomb so it could of done some damage. They had to defuse it so it took about an hour. It was pretty cool to see that. I think it was from England but not sure. They found it while digging a burial site for someone in a cemetery.

Well, Love you all I'm doing super well and I'll try to get Kiersten a letter this week. Sorry that I haven't done that yet. I'm usually way good at it. Have fun this week and I hope that everything goes well.

"No Regrets"
Love,
Elder Kyle Garrett Merrill