Dear Mom, Dad, Kids, and Everyone Else,
So this past week was a good solid week. We were able to go on a split with Elder McArthur and Elder Elison. I went with Elder Elison. We had a good enjoyable time together. It was pretty different being together because I haven't been with anyone from home in a super long time. We were able to have a good time together. I'm super thankful that I'm able to go on so many different splits because I am able to learn from so many other missionaries. I know that I have to be an example and to help the other missionaries be successful but I think it helps me out more than it does them. There are 22 missionaries in our Zone, 11 wards/branches, and every one has one companionship in it.
The weather here has also cooled down a bunch and it's been super rainy for a couple of days. It's not bad though because we usually are underground in the subways going to appointments. So we will also be having a baptism this Saturday. I don't think I told you that. Her name is Ayten. Her parents are from Turkey but she has lived her whole life here in Germany. She is in her late 20's and has two daughters. One is 6 with down syndrome and the other is 2. They are a big handful for her since she is a single mother. It's interesting to teach her because she isn't the greatest at remembering things. She makes an effort to do her best which is all the Lord expects of us. When we love the Lord and do our best we keep his commandments and repent. She has been blessed with a testimony of prayer because her children have calmed down considerably and she feels more peace in her life.
We are also teaching a guy from Cameroon. He is 29 and is amazing. His name is Armstrong. He is studying here in Germany and wants to get baptized in October. He's just an awesome kid. I love teaching those that are prepared for the gospel like he is.
We are going to Pizza Hut with the men in the ward on Wednesday. We are trying to get a bunch of inactive members to come and take part in all you can eat. Great stuff. The Ward here in Dortmund is kind of like Basin City, everyone is related. I haven't totally figured it all out yet but I think I will be able to get a hang of it. It's not super big--about 80-90 members on average in Sacrament meeting. They don't really have any teenage youth which will kind of hurt them a bit. They all just need to have more kids. The average German only has like 2, tops 3 kids. There are several YSA which is fun to talk with them a bit. It also helps out with the missionary work because they accept the YSA investigators pretty well.
So this week we have another two splits which I'm looking forward to and so hopefully they will both go well and it will help encourage the missionaries. One of the Splits I'm going on is with Elder Chapman. He just became a District Leader so I will be teaching him a bit about how to be a District Leader and how he can help his District out and be successful in the work. The other one is with Elder Bergquist. Other than that this week should be just another normal week of work. Please pray for me, for us all that we can be effective tools in the Lord's hands. I want to be the best I can be. I need your prayers and your words of encouragement. I pray for you all and hope that you are all doing well. Tell the Kids I would love to hear from them. Hopefully they put letters in the package. Thank you so much and tell all the grandparents, aunts/uncles, cousins, and friends that I love them.
"No Regrets"
Love Elder Merrill
p.s. Kelsey looks like she's grown up a bunch. She looks pretty. tell Kelsey and Kiersten that I want a letter from them!


