Hey mom,
So the new area is good but different. I feel like there is a huge responsibility on my shoulders. I have a lot to do. The past three days we were in Frankfurt and we had some training going on. It was great to have all the leadership of the mission there. My companion is also a zone leader. He goes home next cycle. Our responsibilities are to make sure that all the districts in the zone are doing well and making sure that they are having success and growing spiritually. We work alot with the district leaders and try to help them introduce certain trainings so that they can be successful. I really want to help a couple missionaries out and help them find joy in the work and develop a desire to serve the Lord. I feel that there are several missionaries that just are doing the work because it is what is expected of them, whether that be from the mission leaders, families, girlfriends, whatever it may be. I want to help them find that joy in the the service of the Lord. I have found that when I really invest myself in the work that I develop a greater love for the gospel, family, and those things that really do mean a lot to me. I know that through study, prayer, and with the Lord's help that I can help those missionaries become who they ought to be.
We were able to attend the temple on Tuesday which was great. The spirit was super strong and it was great to be able to go there again. It was a great opportunity and I felt lifted by the spirit. I love going there and wish I could go more often. It's great being able to serve a mission. I love it a lot but there are definitely things that are tough. The Lord will humble us if we ask him to. I feel that I have so much more to learn before I go home. I want to stay focused and give the Lord all I got. I really want the others to succeed in the work and have the blessings fill their lives. If you please would remember me, my companion, as well as the other missionaries in your prayers. It's amazing at the love God has for each of us. I can give testimony that the Lord reveals secret truths to us if we seek after the righteous things in life. I was sitting in the Temple after the session was over and I felt this amazing overwhelming feeling come over me. Some certain thoughts came into my mind telling me what to do and what I needed to focus on.
I'm giving it my all. I know that the Lord will continue to bless me if I have righteous desires and serve him in this his Holy Work. I love my Lord and my God. I know that there is nothing more greater than to be able to serve Him with all of my heart, might, mind, and strength. I've started to see over the past couple of weeks a little of how I have changed from my old self to who I am now. That has been one of my greatest desires is to change into a better man. I want to become one who is looked to as a hero in the gospel, not for the pride of being the best but for the joy of helping others develop more along the road to be more like the Savior. I want to be one, who speaks, speaks with the power of the spirit. My desires and wishes have not changed too much but the priority of them has changed as well as the focus that I want to put on them. I love this gospel so much and I know that it is a great and marvelous work. I am incredibly thankful for the blessing to serve. It's amazing how much joy and happiness I receive just for talking with people about the Restored Gospel of Jesus Christ. Just writing this email fills me with joy and happiness. I love you all so much and I wish you all the best. It will be good to hear from you all again next week. Thank you for your love, prayers, and support. I pray for you all everyday and thank the Lord for blessing you as you all live the Gospel in serving him.
"No Regrets"
Elder Merrill


