Dear Mom,
So I got your package today. Thanks for the rice crispies, the letters, and the camera cord. It was really nice to get some letters. I haven't gotten one in a super long time so it kind of lifted my spirits a bit. I'm pretty sure almost every letter said, "we miss you here at the cabin". You can let them all know that I missed the cabin but I totally forgot that you even had a family reunion. It was good to hear from some of those that I don't hear from. The rice crispies taste good. The camera cord doesn't have a special adapter for my camera so I think I'm gonna go to the store today and see if I can't find something. I hope I can find something because my camera is dead and I can't charge it. We did go to Pizza Hut in the Evening which we were able to have some new members and less actives come.
So this week it was a pretty decent week. Ayten was baptized and then I confirmed her on Sunday. She looked really happy and she feels really good, she says. It was great to be able to see her get baptized. She has two little girls that the ward really helps out a lot with during church which is a huge relief.
Armstrong is doing really great. He always has a smile on his face when we see him. He laughs a lot. We are planning for the 16 of October for him to be baptized. It might be later because he might insist on doing it on his birthday. He doesn't have any family here in Germany. He is studying at the university. It's super fun to be able to meet with him. Last time we saw him we talked about the Sabbath day and it was so stinking easy because he believes it all and lives it already. It's super awesome.
So I'm just gonna post parts of the email I sent to President because it sums up the splits I went on pretty well:
This past week we were able to go on two splits, one with the Gelsenkirchen and Essen Elders. I was able to work with both Elder Chapman as well as Elder Bergquist. Elder Chapman is a good missionary that wants to do his best and have success. We had a good talk about his district and companionship needs. I encouraged him to work closely with his district, following up with them and developing a close relationship with them. We had a good enjoyable split and I felt that it was uplifting for him as well as for me. Being able to work with Elder Bergquist was also a privilege. My goal was to help him understand that he is loved and cared for and that even though the language is tough that he can have success and find joy in serving the Lord. It was a great experience. For companionship study in the morning we went through the first lesson and I showed him how to make an outline of the first lesson. I let him know that he was doing a great job. He kept that outline with him the whole day and referred often to it trying to memorize some of the phrases that he made. It was a really good experience for him and he is doing great.
It's a super great privilege to be able to be a Zone Leader. I love helping other missionaries out. It's been a huge blessing for me in my life. I've come to forget about myself personally and to focus on the needs of the zone. Last night we talked a little bit about the zone and how we could better help them. I feel that they are all kind of a little down a bit so I want to put together a lesson that I can share with all the missionaries that will lift their spirits and something that they will remember for the rest of their live. I will always remember the lesson that Steven gave us in Priest quorum when he wrote on his shirt and the wore a jacket to church to cover it. I want to be able to share something like that with the missionaries here that will lift them up. If you have any ideas I would love to hear them.
This week has been a super quick week but also seems like it was super long as well. This week we have another two splits that we are going on and we also have interviews with president. It will be an interesting week and I hope that it all works out well and that The zone does well. This is such a great work and I love it so much. It's great to be able to serve here and to do the will of the Lord. I love you all and wish you all the best this week in school, work, sports, and being a Mom.
"No Regrets"
Love
Elder Merrill
p.s. if there is anything you would like me to do different in my emails to you or what to talk about just let me know. and it doesn't make me think about home or get homesick when you talk about going water skiing and that kind of stuff. Please just tell me everything.


