
Baptism of Ayten

Pizza Hut with Elder's Quorum - 15 Pieces :)
Dear Mom, Dad, Family, and Friends,
First off I want to thank Dad for writing me this week. I was thinking a lot this week about how I hoped Dad would write me. It's always great to hear from you and I really appreciate it because I can only imagine how busy you are. Mom I hope that doesn't make you feel that your letters aren't appreciated. I love getting your letters. You always have good stories to tell that make me happy and excited for you all at home. Thanks as well for the little stories. I love to hear about those little things happening and it's great to hear how everyone is changing. I hope that the weather goes well and that everything is able to work out with 4th cutting. I'm praying for you and hope that you all are safe, healthy, and happy. I look forward to your letter mom. I haven't got it yet but I sure hope that it will come tomorrow. There is something about receiving things from loved ones that just makes me happy. It's wonderful to hear from everyone.
I'm super excited for General Conference this week. It should be interesting for me. It's going to be the last time on the mission that I'll be able to watch it so I'll make sure to take super good notes. I love listening to the prophet and hope that our investigators that will come can also feel of the spirit when he speaks. I was looking back at past Liahona's and noticed that the church should have reached 14 million members this month, if the pattern continued. It's great to see how the church is moving along being taught in every land and in every tongue. I am so thankful that I've been able to serve here in Germany and help them hear about the Restored Gospel of Jesus Christ. It's an amazing opportunity to be serving at this time. There are many many things that I have learned and things I have also developed that I don't think I would have been able to If I had not been able to serve a mission.
This past week we were able to go on one split with some Elders but I don't know how effective it was. The Elder that I went with was pretty closed off and didn't want to change very much. It's kind of frustrating when you want to help others but they don't want to be helped at all. This week we don't have any splits planned so it should be a lot easier to just work in our own area. One of my companions was sent home this last week because of stuff before the mission that wasn't cleared up. I felt really bad for him and I hope that he is able to make the steps necessary to make things right. I found it interesting that this wasn't told until the transfer before he went home. I am super glad that we are all able to repent and to remove those sins that will keep us from our father's presence. Another thing I've also noticed is that Obedience isn't Obedience unless it's 100%. In my interview with President Ninow this past week we talked about this a bit. I asked him how I can better help the missionaries around me want to be obedient and have this desire. We talked about the desire should first come from a love of God. Then from a fear of God, fear meaning a respect or knowing that God is a fair and just God and then we talked about how each one of us must report to God our missions and that we are accountable for everything that we do. I am grateful that I have made correct decisions on my mission being obedient and following the council of my leaders. It's because I've done this that I've been able to have success but not only success but a love and joy as I am in the work.
I know that this is the one and only Gospel of Jesus Christ on the earth today. I know that it's through His Atonement that we can better ourselves and repent of the mistakes that we make. I know that through the grace and mercy of our Lord that we can be forgiven. I know that through the Prophet, Thomas S. Monson, the Lord speaks to his saints. I know that through our Faith great miracles can come to pass.
"No Regrets"
Love
Elder Merrill


