Wednesday, January 12, 2011

December 20, 2010

Dear Mom,

Sounds like a crazy week you had. So what does Taya's Husband look like? Super crazy. I can't believe that Kortneigh is getting married tomorrow! Oh man. I want to see a picture of her in her wedding dress, since I can't be there. So how is Korbin doing? I got the Family Christmas card this week and there is no way that Korbin is that tall. I'm gonna have to put a woopin on him. We have had a big snow storm come through this last week which dumped a bunch on us. We have probably got 10 inches all together. We had a snow ball fight on Thursday night at the church and I suffered because of it. My whole body was super sore. I didn't know that I could be that sore. It is finally gone so I can laugh again without having my body hurt. Another funny story. Yesterday we showed up to the Church early and shoveled sidewalks then the bishop gave me salt to salt the sidewalks. After I was done I went inside to wash my hands. I walked into the bathroom with my head down and when I looked up I saw Sister Westermann giving me a weird look. I turned around super fast while yelling, "O Mensch, O Mensch, O Mensch". It was pretty funny. Luckily nobody was adjusting their clothing.

So I hope that you've gotten my Package by now. I hope you like it and that it's what you wanted. I picked that one because I thought it fit our family pretty good. So I talked with President today, he said it would be OK if I were to call on the 27th. I'm going to be calling on the 27th so hopefully that works out well for you.

We were able to meet with Laura and Lesesca (her Mom). The appointment turned out really good and we set up a return appointment as well. They are super nice and I hope that they will show more interest. Nobody came to church this week which was a bummer. We had a couple people tell us that they were coming but ended up not coming. It could of been because of the weather. I hope that we can have some more success this Holiday season. It's I tough time of year but also the best time of year. We are able to see so many miracles during this time of year but for some reason it's tough to find new people. We had a pretty good finding week last week as a zone so hopefully that will carry over to this week a little bit.

Well I don't have much to say so I hope you have a great Christmas and have fun in Idaho. It would be great if I were to be able to see some pictures. Tell me about this week and then we'll talk to you soon. Thanks for all you do. Thanks for not sending me a bunch of stuff for Christmas/birthday. I didn't want anything so what I got was awesome. Thanks for all you do. I love you so much and I pray that you all are doing well and healthy. Thanks for being great parents and teaching us to live righteously. I am so thankful that Righteousness brings blessings and that it makes us progress so much. I am so thankful that I've chose to be obedient in my life and especially on my mission because I know that it has helped me change so much. I see other missionaries and how they choose not to be obedient and how it's kept them from being effective missionaries. They have so much potential but because they choose not to be obedient it's kept them from blessings.

"No Regrets"

Love you,

Elder Merrill