Dear Mom/Dad/Kids,
Sorry that we couldn't end our conversation but it's alright. There is a lot of things that have changed it sounds like. I'm curious to see how it all is at home now. So what do you have to do Dad at this Farm Bureau thing at the TRAC? Sounds like you are all really busy. Yesterday we had a zone conference. We were supposed to have a mission tour with Elder Paya (Area Seventy) but he got sick the night before and he couldn't come. It was way good though. I played a musical number, "Nearer My God To Thee", on the piano which turned out really good. I'll have to play it for you. It is a really easy arrangement but sounds really good. I tweaked it a little bit to make it longer and it is better too. President Ninow talked about our potentials in life and in the eternities. It was an amazing talk. I really enjoyed it a lot and learned a lot from it. He talked about how the Celestial kingdom is our goal but have we really decided that that is what we want to achieve. The first law of Heaven is obedience and in order to live in the Celestial kingdom we must be willing to abide by the rules/commandments that the Lord has given us. It was great. Doesn't really seem that it is my last zone conference that I'll have. I just feel like I have six months left. I kind of wish it was that way as well. I didn't tell you this but Last interviews I had with President I asked him if I could extend. He said that it's a great wish to have but he said I should plan to go home when scheduled. I was kind of sad but it's alright because it has to end sometime.
This last week was really stressful with transfers. Elders didn't really know what to do. People didn't organize it correctly so I was on the phone a lot that day trying to make sure that people got where they were supposed to. We also were able to do service this last week which was sweet. We helped a less active and her daughter was there who I have also tried to meet with. It was pretty good. I am excited for this week and the coming. We have a bunch of stuff scheduled so hopefully it will turn out well.
So Elder McClellan is doing well. It's interesting because we are both really old on the mission but neither of us feel like it. This is his first transfer as a zone leader and so I'm supposed to train him to do that. We are doing good though. We haven't seen each other for a super long time so we are trying to catch up on each other's missions. We are having a lot of fun though. I can't believe we are already in the second week of the transfer. Time is flying by way too fast. It's great to be here in Dortmund. The ward is great and all the members have really grown to respect me and we have some pretty good relationships. I'm super thankful for the spirit in my life and in the work. It would be really difficult without it there. I'm also really thankful for the healing power of the Atonement. We all need it so much. Every night saying my prayers I am so thankful for it because there are a bunch of things that I need to make better. It's a wonderful thing, the gospel is. I am super thankful for all the examples of true believers and those that have led me to do good. I love you all and hope that you all have a good week. Keep me posted on all the things that happened during the week.
"No Regrets"
Love
Elder Merrill


