Hello Family and Friends,
Today is my preparation day (Thursday). We just got back from the temple. It is fun to get out of the MTC and see a part of the outside world. I have had a lot of fun here in the MTC. I've met several Elder's that are pretty awesome kids. I met an Elder Dan Taylor. He is from Eagle, ID. We seem to get along very well. I am working hard on all my studies and seem to be learning at a very rapid rate. It is amazing how much the spirit helps you as you study and are working towards teaching the Lord's Word. I have been blessed so much. I know that people are praying for me and I appreciate that. I can feel the spirit so strong everyday and that is thanks to so many Elders and Sisters around and all striving to work for the Lord. I have learned how to pray in German pretty easily now and I am getting better at my testimony auf Deutsch.
I am so thankful that I have been raised by good parents and have good friends. It is amazing how much better the missionaries are if they have been taught well and have had good friends.
This last week we had to simulate knocking on doors and getting to know someone and schedule a later appointement, all auf Deutsch. It is very stressful. I think I am the only one out of the 16 missionaries that came in with me that didn't have any German experience. It is kind of trying my patience a little but i know that it is just a test from my Heavenly Father to see how much I can take. Let me just tell you that I am ready for what ever He is going to test me with. I pray all the time for help in learning the language. I especially get frustrated when i try to think of a word in german and the spanish word comes to me instead.
I saw Elder Matt Anderson yesterday and he seemed pretty excited to be here. Elder Randy Anderson seems to be doing well and he tells me that he can't wait to get out in the field. I am so glad that those two are out here serving the Lord with me. I know that they will both do good and that they will learn and grow to be strong men in the church. I have been blessed so much here and I know it is because I am working as hard as I can to do my best as a missionary.
I got some letters from Laura, Rachel, Kaitlan and Lisa. I was glad to get letters from them when I did because I was kind of feeling down that day and their letters made me feel good and helped me out. The days go fast here in the MTC. It seemed like yesterday it was Sontag (Sunday). My companion is doing well. We have gym periods everyday but today and it is fun to get some of your frustrations out. I play basketball with some of the Elders in our zone and we all seem to have a ton of fun. Yesterday I rebounded the ball and dunked it over some kid. They all liked it. I think the only reason I was able to do that was because i was upset over something. I can't remember what it was though.
I get to see Jake for maybe 5 minutes everyday which is so much fun. I really hope that after our missions we will be able to room with each other. I am really doing well and am still enthused about the work going forth. The other day we taught the first lesson to a pretend investigator and he was really suprised how well we did. There are times where things get tough but it is all worth it in the end. Lisa gave me a qoute that said "The way evil will prevail is for good men to do nothing." I really like that qoute and I know that that is a true statement. That is why we are all out here on missions. My purpose is to "invite others to come unto Christ by helping them recieve the restored gospel through faith in Jesus Christ and his atonement, repentance, baptism, and enduring to the end".
How is home? Let me in on all the business. How is Korbin doing with wrestling? I heard that he pinned his guy in the first round. That is pretty cool.
"No Regrets"
Love,Elder Merrill


