Thursday, February 26, 2009

Hey!

Hello Everyone,

This week in the MTC I had an awesome week. I have found that if I put all my trust in the Lord that I learn so much faster. This past week I was able to talk to someone in German for 15 minutes. That was amazing for me. I was able to ask questions and answer some as well. Pretty awesome to look back and see all the progress I have made. The Lord blesses missionaries so much. I have had some prayers answered this week in devotionals as well as by other elders.

Another cool experience in the RC (referral center) this week. I received an inbound call and talked to this nice man for about 25 minutes. He was very talkative and he said that he "had been saved" but he wanted to learn more about God and Jesus Christ. I talked to him, shared my testimony with him a couple different times, and shared some scriptures with him. It was kind of amusing because every time I read him a scripture he would say "amen, brother" and other funny stuff. I was laughing a lot and he asked me if he could have my number so he could call me back and talk with me again. I told him that I didn't have a number but if he gave me his number I would call him back. He was super excited about that. That is the gist of things here in the MTC.

You wanted to know more about what it was like here. Well we study so much and then we eat, and then we get to go to bed. That's about it. No, I'm just joking. We get to go to gym for 50 minutes everyday and there are times that we are able to go and study outside. We get to go to the temple on our p-day and do our laundry and write letters. There are a million missionaries everywhere all the time.

I have gotten to know Elder Dan Taylor pretty well (the elder from Eagle). He is a really nice kid. There is another Elder from Eagle. His name is Kyle Ray. I think he said that he took Mikaela out or that he had danced with her or something like that. Things are good here in the MTC. Time flies by and its fun to see everyone's progress. I am in good spirits and have been able to focus really well these past few days. There is also an Elder Gledhill in our zone. He is going to Hamburg.

Well this week has been kind of dull I guess but I know that I will have some more stories and experiences next week. We got new elders this week and it's kind of funny to see how intimidated they are by us 3 weekers, even thought we don't know anything. Love you all tons and I know more and more that the gospel of Jesus Christ is TRUE!.

"No Regrets"

Love,Elder Merrill