
Hello Mom, Dad, and Family,
This week were are having in our companionship a Deutsche Woche (ONLY GERMAN). It's pretty cool. I still make millions of mistakes but I know how far I've come and how much I've been blessed because I knew absolutely nothing. It's pretty sweet. Right now we are kind of in a deep rut. We don't have any investigators but we are working extra hard to find some. It's tough being a missionary with no investigators. Hopefully things will flip around. I'm really trying to concentrate on my prayers and have faith that I will be led to those that are ready.
Yesterday we had a good opportunity to serve some people. First off we were going by on inactives and seeing if we could get in contact with them. We went by on two of them and then we were waiting for a bus to go to the next one. There was this older man sitting down and he didn't look very good. He asked us for some water and Elder Moffat gave him some. He was breathing pretty hard and sweating bad. He then said that he needed an ambulance and so we called one for him. It took them about 15-20 minutes to get there. They took him into the ambulance and then 10 minutes later or so one of the guys came out and said that he was probably going to be OK. I think he was experiencing a mild heat stroke. He told us that he had had a by-pass surgery earlier so I was kind of scared he was having a heart attack. They took him to the hospital and then we went on our way being missionaries. Later during the day we were walking on the sidewalk and some lady was riding in her electric wheelchair. She only had one leg and she was OLD. She saw us and then stopped. She called us over and then she asked us to lift her up and slide her further back in her seat because she was sliding down. We helped her and then we went on our way again. These two people we were able to help out and they both appreciated it. We will probably never see them again but I know that someday they will remember us missionaries.
I received both Kraymer's and Kaitlan's letters the other day. The only problem is I don't know to what address I should write Kaitlan back to. She should be at college now so ya can't really send her a letter. Last week I also got a really nice letter from Jace. He expressed his thanks to me for the example I am to him and for the effort I put forth to get him to church and Mutual activities. I only wish that I could have been better. There are several times and people in my life that I look back on and wish I would have been a better example to and been better at sharing the gospel with. I think the mission I am in right now is to help me realize how much better I could of, should of been. I am really thankful for the opportunities I have had so far on the mission and I know that I will have so many more humbling/testimony building experiences.
Sounds like things are really starting to slow down especially with the kids in school. It's crazy to think back to when I was home. It only seems like a couple of weeks ago and I'll be out for 7 months tomorrow. It's amazing how time flies. Well today we will be getting haircuts, shopping for food, and then I'm pretty sure we are going to the Dome again and we might go somewhere else. It feels like I'm still in the states but just speaking a different language and different lifestyle. It's really weird.
Thanks for keeping me in your prayers and please continue to do so. I know that the power of prayer is real. My faith in prayer grows more and more each time I pray with real intent. I need to really focus on making my prayers better but I know it takes time. Everything in the gospel takes time. I'm thankful for this experience to serve a mission and even though I might lose a couple of opportunities at home I wouldn't give it up for any of them. I know that the Lord has blessed me, that he is blessing me, and that he will continue to bless me, even after my mission. I am striving to stay obedient, to develop Christlike Attributes and being the best I can.
Thank you so much for your love and support. It really does help to have you write me every week. I love you mom. Thank you. I know that our family is the most important thing in this world. Thank you for raising me to be a righteous hard working missionary of our Lord Jesus Christ. Love you.
"No Regrets"
Love,
Elder Merrill


