Everything is going good here in Leverkusen. We have interviews today so that ought to be pretty sweet. I love talking with President. He is really 100% focused on the missionary work in Germany and he knows what he's talking about.
It's great to hear from you mom. Pretty crazy rafting story. Where did you go Rafting? Sometimes I think about how terrible it would be to get a phone call saying that one of my family members was seriously injured or worse. I know that the Lord looks out for us and that he knows what we need and how we should receive it.
This past week was a pretty blessed week. We were blessed by our efforts to sacrifice and to only speak German. On Saturday night we were doing finding time knocking doors and we knocked into a man from Africa. He said that he had visitors and that it wasn't a good time. We asked if we could come back another day and teach him, he agreed. We were able to set up an appointment for the very next day (Sunday). The next day we returned to meet him. We taught him a first lesson with him asking many good "Investigator" questions. We were able to answer them for him. We were able to commit him to hearing all of the lessons and to try it out for himself. We were blessed to hear him say that he would like to hear our lessons and to try it out. We committed him to reading about the Book of Mormon and to pray about it and also about Joseph Smith. We promised him that if he really wanted to know that he would receive an answer through prayer. It was an awesome lesson. This experience strengthened my testimony about sacrifice and how if we strive to do our best the Lord will never give us the short end of the stick. I'm grateful for the personal blessings I have received that have strengthened my testimony and helped me grow closer to my Savior Jesus Christ.
We went to Sister Dietrich's Yesterday and she fed us lunch. She gave us each two huge chicken legs, tons of potatoes, and then salad. She expected us to eat all of it so we did. Usually missionaries have to deal with eating disgusting stuff but here, so far, all I've had to worry about is making enough room for it to all fit. She is such an old nice lady. Right before we left she gave us each a bunch of food and the the best of it all she gave us each a hug. I shook her hand and then she said, "Oh come on, I'm an old grandma. You get a hug." :) It was great. It felt so good, even from an 75 year old lady. It made me feel really loved. She was great. No, we never eat with our napkins tucked in but she had us do it because she's a nice old grandma. The ward is really nice and I'm grateful to serve here.
Thank you so much for your letter each week. I'm so grateful that I am able to receive an email/letter from someone each week. It helps us missionaries out. I know it's tough to write missionaries and that it is expensive. That's why I don't expect too many letters. I appreciate the ones I get though.
Well, love you all and I'm thankful for the opportunity I have to serve a mission. I'm glad that every one is OK and that no one has gotten hurt. Stay safe and keep being "Member Missionaries".
Love you all so very much. "No Regrets"
Love
Elder Merrill



