Wednesday, September 30, 2009

Hey Mom, Dad, Family, And Friends,

I am very excited to be serving in Solingen! My first Sunday here was really pretty sweet. I tried my hardest to shake the hand of every member in the ward and introduce myself. I was able to share my testimony in Sacrament Meeting. During Sunday School the Bishop came and grabbed me out of the class. He asked me a couple questions about myself and then he handed me a nice folder with all of the Ward information. It was sweet. It had a list of all the active members, a list for all the less actives, and a list for all the inactives. He asked me to write down the people that we visit and then to report on it. It will definitely help us share the gospel. I'm way excited to be working here. Last night we brought one of the Priests with us to an appointment. It was really cool to have him come along because he wants to be with us missionaries and help teach. I am really excited and am looking forward to the success this area will see.

Oh man, well my companion, Elder Gruber, is from Minnesota and he comes from a fairly small family but he is the only boy. Wow, I'm grateful to be able to serve with him. He is only a couple months older than me on the mission. He will have been in this area since April so I wouldn't be surprised if he left and I got a new companion.

Well, things are going good for me. We have one investigator right now. His name is Rolf Peters. He is about 58 and blind. It's good to teach him though because he always helps us with our German.

We helped this member move and his house he was moving from was like a mansion. It was amazing. I thought it was like a government building. If I were to guess how much it would go for it would probably be about 4-5 million. Pretty sweet house.

Well, Love you all and look forward to getting some more letters from the kids and others ;) Thanks again for your love and support.

"No Regrets"

Love
Elder Merrill