Monday, June 21, 2010

June 21, 2010

Hey Everyone,

So we're doing good here in Solingen. This last week we had Zone Conference and I had to give a talk on "Sanctification". I was super nervous but I think it turned out alright. We talked a lot about finding new investigators so hopefully we can apply that well and start finding like animals. We are doing well as a mission and it's just going to get better when the missions combine. I'm way excited to see how it all works out next transfer. I don't know if President is going to mix it up right away or if he's going to keep them somewhat separate.

Sister Pickelein is doing well. She's just a sweet old lady and I love her. Brother Phong is doing great. It's awesome how he participates and everything. Some old missionary came and visited the ward this last week and he told me how amazing it is that he was baptized less than a month ago. I just hope that he stays on the path and that through the time he will help his wife come along the way. I know that his sons will for sure. That family is just super nice and it's great that I was able to get to know them so well. These next couple of weeks I will be doing a couple of splits which will be fun and a good experience to teach other missionaries.

So I just got your email. Thanks for telling little Grandma that I love her. It's been pretty cold here the last week and a half. Probably in the 60's. Hopefully it will get warmer. It's better than being terribly hot though. I remember last summer when we would always want to be standing in the shade because it was just so stinking hot. It's been some pretty crazy weather this year.

So it sounds like everything at home is crazy. Good thing you have two extra drivers. I hope everything works out with the hay. I'm hoping that it doesn't end up too bad. How's the ward doing? Tell Roy that I found me a girl to bring home (Sister Pickelein). He'll get a kick out of that. Well I don't have too much to say. I got a letter from Dillon this last week and it was probably the funniest letter I've gotten my whole mission. Thanks to all those that have written me. It's great to hear from friends and family.

Love you all

"No Regrets"
Elder Merrill