Dear Mom, Dad, and Kid's,
This week was kind of a bummer week with many appointments that didn't go through for some reason or another. It's been fun watching Elder Schuetz grow up and increase his skills. We have had some sweet times together and I am really trying to make it fun and enjoyable for him. This past week we met with an inactive member and she really likes having us come over. She feels the spirit and loves talking about the gospel. She said something this week that kind of shocked me a bit. She told me that she wanted to be like me because I was perfect. I told her that I was far from perfect and that I had many weaknesses and troubles that I have to work on in my life. For some reason she couldn't accept that. I thought a lot about it that day about the outward appearance that we, as missionaries have and how much people watch us. Mom I really liked the last part of your email about how you think that it was a lot of little poor decisions that led to David's apostasy. That's so true. All those that I have talked with who are inactive can't really remember when or why they stopped coming to church. We all have to be constantly focusing on our personal growth and making sure that we are increasing our testimony not losing it.
Sounds like life has been super hectic at home. Pretty funny story how you got lost hiking Dad. I'm glad that everyday I go hiking through the cities of Germany I've have a map with me so I can fix my mistakes quickly. How was the whole encampment. How did Korbin like it? What's the weather been like back at home? Here it is finally summer and it is super hot. Constantly sweating. It's fun stuff.
This last week we were able to find a new investigator and several people who we will meet with during the week this week. It's awesome just being able to share the gospel and see miracles. Everyday there is something new. I love it so much.
Sister Pickelein is amazing! I love that lady so much. She calls me her Grandchild (she doesn't have any children) and so we are something pretty special to her. She loves how we are always talking with people about the gospel and how we live righteous lives. It's amazing how the lord works. 4 months ago she didn't want to get baptized at all but now she's going to do it next week. I'll be sure to take pictures so you can all see. I will be a witness this time so it will be interesting to watch. It's been a while since I've actually have seen a baptism so that will be pretty sweet.
I love the gospel so much it's just been amazing serving the Lord these past few months. It's been fun being able to share my testimony with others and help them find the path to eternal life. I've been blessed by the Lord so far on the mission and I know that through faith, obedience, and hard work the Lord will continue to bless me. I have had quite a bit on my mind these last couple of weeks and it's been interesting just pondering about some gospel subjects and how the lord works. In zone conference President talked about the scripture Matthew 5:48 "Be ye therefore perfect, even as your Father which is in heaven is Perfect". He talked about what it means to be perfect and how the footnote says "complete". I've been thinking a lot about how I can be more complete in my life as a missionary and in teaching the Restored Gospel. I've been working really hard the last bit on my studying and especially with my German study. As I increase my German vocabulary and abilities I'll become more "complete" in my teaching.
So that's about all I got for the week. Sorry it's not super interesting but that's all I got. I always forget about the previous week when it comes time to write. Dillon's letter was super funny cuz he just told me about his life and the things he's been up to. He has a new dog that he had a little trouble with and then he was also charged by a moose while fishing and he sent me some pics of him and Heidi. It was just a good letter. Well love you all. Thanks for telling people to write me. I haven't gotten any letters but it's alright cuz I don't really expect much. If you ever see Julie tell her I say hi and good luck. Love you all so much. Thanks for you love and support.
"No Regrets"
Love,
Elder Merrill


