Dear Family,
That's right, I'm getting transfered. The one time that I was sure that I wasn't going to get transfered I did. Last night I couldn't sleep at all. I layed in bed thinking about how much I just felt like I was leaving home. I'm getting transfered into the Hamburg Mission area that we took over. It's kind of wierd because it feels like I'm leaving the mission. My new address is going to be: Friedrichsstr 45
33102 Paderborn
I'm looking forward to it a bunch. Last night as I was thinking about what it was going to be like. I felt somehow that I had already heard of this branch and that I needed to be there. It was just a sweet confirmation of the spirit.
My new companion just got done with his first two cycles of being a golden so it otta be way fun. Sounds like things at home are busy again. How is everyone doing? Korbin has some pretty blonde hair it looked like from the picture. Oh by the way I don't know if you knew or not but I have not missed a day wearing my retainers since my first day in the MTC. That might cheer you up a bit. I don't really need anything. I'm doing fine with all my clothes. I had to buy a pack of socks a couple months ago because some of my others were too "wHOLY" to wear.
We also had another sweet experience that was about asking always to help serve others. We contacted this lady by doing doors and she said that she couldn't because she was moving. We asked her if we could help her out and she was shocked, but said yes. It turned out that she was able to finish it all before our appointment but she thanked us for our willingness to help. She said that we could set up another appointment because she wanted to know what two young men like us are teaching about if we are willing to help others and serve them. We set up an appointment yesterday and she said "Don't be shocked when you show up and there is 5 or 6 people here. I told my friends about you and they want to hear it also, so I invited them." Just a sweet story that helps build my testimony of how striving always to serve people really does pay off.
So for the weeks highlights. Sister Pickelein got baptized on Saturday which was really awesome. She didn't want anyone there that she didn't know so it was our Ward Mission Leader, us, and a member family who baptized her. Afterwards she wanted to take us out to eat and so we went to this restaraunt and dropped 104 bones on five people. It was pretty good food. She looked great in white and was really grateful. When she went under the water I was worried that they wouldn't get it in one take but luckily they were able to. When she came out of the water she said, "Did I do it right? Do we have to do it again?" Super funny. I just smiled and it was a great experience. Sunday I was able to confirm her. That was a special experience for me. It was a spirit filled chapel, that's all I have to say. After the confirmation, I sat down and just felt an overwhelming feeling of joy and happiness. This baptism has really meant a ton to me and I love this lady so much. I'm kind of sad that I am leaving her right now but it's alright because we have had some good experiences over the past 10 months. She has been coming to church every Sunday since December or January. She was found by missionaries two months before me. Well, she stopped the missionaries and said that she once got a Book of Mormon and that she wanted another. I LOVE IT! I gave her a hug the other day and told her that you all say hi. She said hi back and that she loves your son. I think I have claimed myself another grandma, a German Grandma. Speaking of grandparents, tell all of them I say hi and that I love them very much. I'm thankful for there examples and living the gospel.
Well I don't know what more to really say. I love you all and I'll give a little more information next week. Please be sure to put my address on the blog A.S.A.P. because I'm expecting a bunch of letters. hehe
Love you all. Hope this week goes well for you and I love you all so much. Maybe you could all take a family picture together and send me one in an email, I would like that. Send me some pictures of you all boating too.
"No Regrets"
Love Elder merrill


