Hey Mom,
First off, I'm really disappointed at the choices you've made this past week. I can't believe you gave into temptation and bought a Ford! That's pretty low. No, If you felt that it was the best choice and that it was in good condition I'll support you in it but you don't have my blessing hehe :).
Sounds like it's gonna be a crazy time at the cabin. I hope it all turns out well and that it is a fun time for everyone. Are Dillon and Heidi going? How about Terry and Shelly? Sounds like it's gonna be a full house.
This week has been pretty awesome. To start off, we have to travel an hour and a half by train and bus for district meeting every week so it takes a big chunk out of our days on Tuesdays. We've tried to set up some appointments with former investigators that made a bunch of progress and so we were able to have a couple of appointments. There is an English Base here in Paderborn and so there are little neighborhoods full of Brits. The other day we decided to do doors there. They were so stinking nice. Everyone of them talked to us and only a couple of them said that they didn't have interest. We will be teaching several of them this week. One kid, he was 23, opened up the door and told us, "come in, come in. You look tired" He had a beer in his hand so I thought maybe he was just going to try and mess with us and try and tear us down. We sat down and he gave us some water to drink and then he asked us if we would like something to eat. We said that it was alright but then he insisted. He brought us out some good Tai rice. He didn't have interest but he wanted to let us come in and take a little break. He had a nice little family and just a super nice kid. That was the first time on my mission that I had been let in by a stranger and they fed us. We were sure to keep him in our prayers that night. It's great to meet people that are just friendly.
Last night we were going to a potential investigator and as we were walking to the door this guy walked around the corner and said hey wait. We stopped and looked at each other. I asked Elder Gardner if he knew him and he didn't. The first thing he said was, "hey you are LDS right"? we agreed and then he went on to tell us about how his cousin converted to the church several years ago. This man loves the States too. He's been to 46 of the states. The only four he hadn't been to were the Dakota's, Alaska, and Hawaii. I'm pretty sure he knew his way around the states a million time better than the average American. It was great talking with him. Just another way nice man.
Sounds like Pioneer day was fun. I miss Homemade Ice Cream! We have been invited over to eat at a members house once since I've been here. The Branch is decent. There is probably 30 active members counting children. Last week President Piotrowski asked me to play during priesthood meeting. I don't know how he knew I could play but I think it was Guido and Karin Braun that told him since their related. Anyways yesterday at church he came up to me again and asked me if I could play for Sacrament meeting. The sister that usually plays just moved away and the back up is on vacation for 3 weeks. I said I guess I could and so I played. Very cool. I enjoyed it a lot but I need to practice next week a little because I don't really have all the hymns down. My piano skills have really increased a lot surprisingly but I want to increase them even more. If you could do me a favor. If you haven't sent that medicine yet if you could put in some music for the piano. I would like to do a number sometime again in sacrament meeting.
Well that's about all I've got for this week. I hope you take a lot of pictures, since I will be gone and you could even do a family night activity and have everyone write me :). Not required. Well love you Mom, Dad, kids, and family. It's been great hearing from you all and I know that the Lord is blessing us all because we want to serve him and follow his commandments.
"No Regrets"
Love you
Elder Merrill
p.s.Quick story. Last week we came from church and we found two pigeons in our apartment. I punished one of them. end of story


