Dear Family,
So yesterday was the fourth of July. No sign of it here. I think that's the holiday that makes me the most home sick. Don't worry though because It doesn't make me super home sick. I like it where I am here. I don't have too much more time and I want to make the best of it. Thanks for the pictures. I liked seeing what it's like in America. You would never see someone buying that much food here in Germany. I don't think you could find a place to buy that much food. How much did it all cost? How is the farm going? It should almost be time for round two.
This past week was just a great week. We have received the assignment to go to all the inactive members in the ward and see where they stand and try to share something with them. We have been planning our time very carefully trying to go by on members that live in areas of investigators or if that isn't possible than to do finding time in the near of that member. It's been a way sweet deal. The other day as we were talking to an inactive through the speaker box the door to the apartment building opened. The man stood there and waited until I was done talking. As soon as I was done he asked me, "Seid ihr Mormonen?" I told that we were and asked him how he knew us. He had met with missionaries several years ago and he had even been to church with them a couple of times. We asked him if he had a couple minutes that we could sit down and share something with him. He agreed and we went and sat down and taught him a lesson. He had some great questions that we were able to answer. That was just a sweet experience that happened through fulfilling assignments from our Ward Mission Leader.
We are super busy and trying to increase the amount of our lessons and increasing our skills and talents of teaching. Sister Pickelein is doing great. I can't wait for Saturday. She wants it to be kind of private with nobody there besides us missionaries and a member family that she likes. A member is going to baptize her.
Today we are going to Düsseldorf to do something with the district so we gotta get going here pretty quick. I love you all Thanks for your love and especially for writing. I love hearing from you and what crazy is going on at home.
Love you all. "No Regrets"
Love,
Elder Merrill


